Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New CM1000 Problem

dem107
Aspirant

New CM1000 Problem

I have a new CM1000 that I'm trying to use with RCN. I'm replacing a modem since I want to go to 330Mbps service. I called RCN with my MAC address. The modem synced up and worked fine for a few minutes. Then it stopped working with

• The ethernet light is solid amber
  • The power uplink, downlink and internet lights all blink slowly in unison
  • The power light blinks green, the uplink, downlink and internet lights blink amber.

I've tried doing a factory reset, replaced the ethernet and coax cables, and rebooted multiple times. Still the slow blinking.

Any ideas?

Model: CM1000|DOCSIS® 3.1
Message 1 of 12
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Pls record a video for 5 mins and post it on Vimeo or youtube and share link here ..there are so many LED transitions and it hard to determine based on your comments

Message 2 of 12
dem107
Aspirant

Here's what my lights look like: https://youtu.be/hxHL3XHlZv0. This pattern doesn't change whether I connect a coax or etherent or not. The reset button doesn't change it either.

Message 3 of 12
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

got it. thanks for video.

Please PM me.

Message 4 of 12
Serge87
Aspirant

I just recieved my Nergear CM 1000 3.1 and have exactly the same problem. As soon as I power it on, same thing happens where all my lights blinks just like on the video. Any advice I can get? Thank you

Message 5 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Have you contacted the ISP. If so, make contact with NG support as well. 

Message 6 of 12
Serge87
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply.

Before contancting NG support, I wanted to see if I could get some help here first.

When I power the modem, it just keeps blinking  (like on the video above) regardless if you connect internet cable to it or any other ethernet cables. I tried resetting it, but even after I held the reset button for 10 seconds, there were no changes in the way that the lights were blinking previously. Thanks

Message 7 of 12
Serge87
Aspirant

Here is the video of router and lights blinking: 

Message 8 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

This does this with out the RG6 cable connected? 

Contact NG support. Theres nothing we can do here in the forums for this. 

Message 9 of 12
Serge87
Aspirant

Yes, it does this without any other cable attached to it, besides the power cable. I will call the customer service once I get out from work, but I was just hoping that before I dial them, someone could express their thoughts on this issue. Thanks.

Message 10 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Nothing else. Ask for an RMA. 

Message 11 of 12
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

If you RMA'ed. Let me know your RMA #.

Message 12 of 12
Discussion stats