Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Upstream light blinking, spotty internet

drmsi9292
Aspirant

Upstream light blinking, spotty internet

Hello,

I've had Xfinity internet for about a week now. Things had been fine until this morning, seems my upstream light is blinking and my connection is mediocre. I still have internet, but anything requiring a stable connection (ex gaming) has noticable interruptions. I can further see the issues by pinging Google and watching timeouts roll in consistently at varying intervals.

My line has no splitters or any other devices on it- only thing I can think of that could be my issues versus my ISPs is that the tech installed a needlessly long coax cable between the drop and my C6220, like 15 feet long. I'm planning to run out and buy a shorter coax cable just to ensure that's not the issue, but I thought I would drop my Cable connection status and event log in case something else stuck out.

Thanks for any assistance!

Screenshot 2021-02-27 145031.png

Screenshot 2021-02-27 145212.png

Model: C6220|DOCSIS 3.0 High Speed WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
drmsi9292
Aspirant

Re: Upstream light blinking, spotty internet

Attaching Images again since the in-line ones seem to not work

Message 2 of 4
drmsi9292
Aspirant

Attaching Images again since the in-line ones seem to not work

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute them back ON.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7