Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C6300 keeps dropping wifi

Clark01
Follower

C6300 keeps dropping wifi

Hi,  

I am hoping I can get some help here.  This is my second C6300 modem ( I returned the first one for the same issue) and everyday (literally) the modem drops all connected wifi devices but wired connections work flawlessly.  I have several devices connected via wifi and not a single one can detect the wireless network.  I have green lights across the board and I have rest the modem, power cycled the device, and tried just about everything that I can think of and the results remains the same.  NO wireless network detected for any device in my home.  Can someone please help?  I have read a few forum post and this seems to be an extremely common issue that has yet to be fixed by Netgear.  I never had this problem eith my Arris or my Linksys, so I am starting to get frustrated that I've spent $200 on modem that only allows wired internt connects (did i somehow go back in time to 1996?)

Model: C6300BD-1CXNAS|Docsis 3.0 AC1750 Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Smith3993
Guide

Re: C6300 keeps dropping wifi

I fought this problem for months and finally discovered that the problem for me was the PSP (Power Save Polling) feature of my Windows laptop, which is not supported by this router. In short, when the laptop's wifi adapter would "sleep" in power saving mode, it would basically block all connections to the router, and I would lose all connections (phones etc.) on the 2.5G channel that the laptop was using. To fix this, go to your Device Manager, click on Network Adapters, right click on wireless adapter, click properties, click Power Management, and UNselect "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". Mine has worked flawlessly ever since doing this. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Clark01

Have you tested by changing the SSID to something different or even test if you can see the network by removing the password?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
Smith3993
Guide

I fought this problem for months and finally discovered that the problem for me was the PSP (Power Save Polling) feature of my Windows laptop, which is not supported by this router. In short, when the laptop's wifi adapter would "sleep" in power saving mode, it would basically block all connections to the router, and I would lose all connections (phones etc.) on the 2.5G channel that the laptop was using. To fix this, go to your Device Manager, click on Network Adapters, right click on wireless adapter, click properties, click Power Management, and UNselect "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". Mine has worked flawlessly ever since doing this. Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7