× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: EE unlocked Nighthawk MR2100-firmware update.

Joten
Aspirant

EE unlocked Nighthawk MR2100-firmware update.

Can someone help please, as having spent hours reading the forums, I am none the wiser. As per the thread title, I have been gifted an unlocked EE Netgear Nighthawk MR2100 router, which constantly reboots itself, with or without the battery inserted. 
When working correctly on either an O2 or a Three sim card, I am getting at best 43Mbps in a bad signal area.
The current firmware is FW 10.13 09.00. (2019)

From my understanding by reading the forums, the firmware should be FW 10.19 03.00. (2023)

Neither through the App, or the online portal 192.168.1.1 am I able to update the firmware, even after several factory resets. My friend who gifted me the router, knows even less than I do, so wasn't aware that she had to update it at some stage.

I am at my wits end with this router constantly rebooting itself, so if someone can help me to update the firmware please, I'd be really grateful thanks.

Joten_0-1695406341924.png

Regards,

Jocten.

Message 1 of 7
Joten
Aspirant

BUMP.

Is anyone able to help please? 😕

Cheers,

Joten

Message 2 of 7
Joten
Aspirant

Would some please reply to a request for help?

Thank you. 

Joten.

Message 3 of 7
TeeJay74
Virtuoso

Try to get rid of that constant rebooting, by pressing long that reset button with pin.

Message 4 of 7
Joten
Aspirant

Thanks .
I have reset it several times, but will try a long reset.

Thanks for replying.

Cheers,

Joten.
Message 5 of 7
BlueMist
Aspirant

Do you use built in ethernet connection? I have noticed that MR2100 often reboot itself for no apparent reason (especially at boot) when ethernet connection is active.

Also it may have something to do with the power supply? I have now for instance switched from provided power supply to USB-C connection from my laptop and everything seems to be running fine. Maybe you can try that as well.

Message 6 of 7
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Please capture a model.json file and send it to me at jopeng@netgear.com with your community ID.

Thanks

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series