× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

MR1100-100NAS Doesn't Automatically Re-Connect to Internet After Being In Bad Signal Area

FixTheM1Please
Aspirant

MR1100-100NAS Doesn't Automatically Re-Connect to Internet After Being In Bad Signal Area

Hi. I have struggled with this since last year. This M1 hotspot works great other than the main issue I have had: Re-connecting to it and the M1 re-acquiring Internet access after being in a really bad signal area without having to manually reboot it.

As you can see in the photo below, after the M1 hits very bad cell reception, it will eventually lose Internet access completely, making any devices connected to it say "connected without Internet." You can then go to a location that you know has good signal and it still will not re-connect to the Internet (cell connection) until you manually reboot it.

m1-1.jpg

After waiting 10-15mins to see if it would auto-reconnect, it would not. Then, as expected and like I've done many times before, I get the successful result in the photo below the second I reboot the hotspot:

m1-2.jpg

This has gone on for over a year, on two different M1 devices, on all the major carriers. It is a M1 issue. Please help or fix.

Message 1 of 4
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: MR1100-100NAS Doesn't Automatically Re-Connect to Internet After Being In Bad Signal Area

Could you please help to capture 2 model.json files:

1. Before rebooting the device after losing the network coverage and getting back to the coverage. The device should be in disconnected mode

2. After rebooting the device. The device should get back on the data connection.

- Logon to the webui (http://192.168.1.1 ) as an administrator
- Navigate to URL http://192.168.1.1/model.json via the same browser window
- Capture the results (by selecting all + copy) and send it back

Please send email to me at jopeng@netgear.com

Thanks

Message 2 of 4
FixTheM1Please
Aspirant

Re: MR1100-100NAS Doesn't Automatically Re-Connect to Internet After Being In Bad Signal Area

Hi there. Just sent the e-mail and attached the log files.

Message 3 of 4
FixTheM1Please
Aspirant

Hi, any follow-up to this?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7