× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Nighthawk M1 disconnects randomly(?)

Mazuzu
Aspirant

Nighthawk M1 disconnects randomly(?)

Hi!  I searched and didn't find this question answered.

I am having an issue that is similar to this:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Mobile-Routers-Hotspots-Modems/Nighthawk-M1-WiFi-sporadically-disco...

That issue claims a 'solve' but I don't see a solution.  The original author claimed the specific suggestions didn't work so I dunno why it was set to solved.

However my issue is similar but absolutely not the same.

I have a Netgear Nighthawk M1 router and it sporadically stops network activity.

1. I am not using the Netgear Nighthawk M1 WiFi.  It is disabled.  It is hardwired into an Netgear Orbi mesh network.  There is only the Orbi router connected to the Nighthawk.
  2. The Nighthawk M1 is on 192.168.1.x.  The Nighthawk is 192.168.1.1 and is the only device in that IP range
  3. The Orbi is serving my home on 192.168.3.x

Sporadically, and for potentially a few minutes at a time, devices connected to the Orbi network will have no access to the internet.

During these periods, I can ping the Orbi router IP address with no issues.  If I ping the Nighthawk router's IP address the ping will time out until it randomly doesn't.

All visible settings for the Nighthawk setup are set for this router to never go to sleep.

Screenshot 2021-04-13 131805.png

99.5% of the time there are no issues, but the 0.5% of the time where this problem occurs stands out as a glaring problem! 

There is a similar but not the same issue where if I open a bookmark folder with 5 bookmarks, more often than not at least 1 or 2 bookmarks will return as couldn't connect to server.  If I reload that tab immediately it connects.  It's as if the router could not handle 5 simulataneous requests.  I don't know if this is connected.

This issue has been happening since I startued using the device  (January 2021)

aScreenshot 2021-04-13 131942.png

Can anyone help?  Do I need to replace this device?  TIA

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 3
Mazuzu
Aspirant

screenshots

Mobile Router SetupMobile Router Setup

Firmware detailsFirmware details

Message 2 of 3
Mazuzu
Aspirant

Still no replies?  Is this issue truly unique?

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series