× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Nighthawk M6 Pro - Drops Internet after 1 minute or less

JackD1
Aspirant

Sadly I would agree with you and recommend against the purchase at this point.

This device has so much potential - when it works it is fantastic - but it so unreliable at this point. Perhaps they can pull it together. I’m really hoping for them.
Message 51 of 80
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Hi All,

If you have a M6 and experiencing data disconnection issues. Please reach out to me by email at jopeng@netgear.com.

Please provide the model.json file and also mention your community ID in the email.

- Logon to the webui (http://192.168.1.1 ) as an administrator
- Navigate to URL http://192.168.1.1/model.json via the same browser window
- Capture the results (by selecting all + copy) and send it back

I will help you to upgrade your devices to the latest to resolve the connectivity stability issues. Some AT&T devices stuck on the old releases. I can help to resolve the issue.

Thanks

John

Message 52 of 80
igorjrr
Guide

This "latest" also means they take full control of the device and don't allow you to change some settings, funny. A lot of people are actually going to previous version.

Very poor service.
Message 53 of 80
danyc2
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk M6 Pro - Drops Internet After 1-2 hours

Hi John,

I'm having the same issue with MR6450 - intermittent disconnects after 2-3 hours or more sometimes. It happens with or whiteout battery. I’am using original power supply and cable.

Hardware : 1.0

Build Date : 2023/02/04

Package Name : MR6450-100EUS_NTGX65_12.01.05.00_Generic_01.07

Firmware : NTGX65_12.01.05.00

Modem Firmware : MPSS.DE.2.0-00989-OLYMPIC_GENALL_PACK-1.21566.3.24337.3

Web App Version : MR6500-GENERIC_05.00.71.01

Is there en new firmware or what can I do to solve this issue ? I’am currently in Spain using a MASMOVIL SIM Card. I will return to Switzerland in 5 days - there I will use a Sunrise SIM Card.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Daniel

Message 54 of 80
JackD1
Aspirant

John,

Just sent you my .json capture.  Thank you.

Message 55 of 80
sjbender
Guide

Good day John - I wanted to follow-up that the most recent firmware update has resolved the issues I was having. I did also add on an external netgear router to offload the client count from the hotspot as well and that has made a large difference in reliability.

Message 56 of 80
AVInstaller
Tutor

Sent the JSON file to you on 5/29 @JohnPeng 
Thank you

Message 57 of 80
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Nighthawk M6 Pro - Drops Internet After 1-2 hours

@danyc2 wrote:

Hi John,

I'm having the same issue with MR6450 - intermittent disconnects after 2-3 hours or more sometimes. It happens with or whiteout battery. I’am using original power supply and cable.

Hardware : 1.0

Build Date : 2023/02/04

Package Name : MR6450-100EUS_NTGX65_12.01.05.00_Generic_01.07

Firmware : NTGX65_12.01.05.00

Modem Firmware : MPSS.DE.2.0-00989-OLYMPIC_GENALL_PACK-1.21566.3.24337.3

Web App Version : MR6500-GENERIC_05.00.71.01

Is there en new firmware or what can I do to solve this issue ? I’am currently in Spain using a MASMOVIL SIM Card. I will return to Switzerland in 5 days - there I will use a Sunrise SIM Card.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Daniel

Please send me the model.json file with your community ID. I will follow up with you by email.

Thanks

John

Message 58 of 80
Diskman
Tutor

Mr6500 needs to be rebooted every few hours as the internet connection slows or fails. This has been happening since the new NTGX65_12.01.16.01 firmware which was pushed from AT&T. On reboot it works great again. But then within 20-30 minutes needs to be rebooted again. I know many are having this issue, but for this price we need a fix asap. My model is MR6500-1A1NAS_05.00.78.00

Also the software reboot from the NETGEAR Nighthawk MR6500 M6 Pro app does not work right as it shuts the router down but it does not come back on, needs to be done manually.

Message 59 of 80
Diskman
Tutor

I have waited 3 weeks with no response. The is not good customer service. We all are having this issue with internet fails needing rebooting then works again for short time, then we need to do it all again so we need a fireware update to fix this problem A.S.A.P. Actualy this has gone on for to long and we need firware update NOW. 

Message 60 of 80
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@Diskman wrote:

I have waited 3 weeks with no response. The is not good customer service. We all are having this issue with internet fails needing rebooting then works again for short time, then we need to do it all again so we need a fireware update to fix this problem A.S.A.P. Actualy this has gone on for to long and we need firware update NOW. 

Please check your private message.

Thanks

Message 61 of 80
anjesh
Tutor

Message 62 of 80
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Hi Everyone in this thread.

We are testing a beta release with further optimization for data disconnection issue. We would like to get your feedback on the new FW's performance in the field. 

Please email me at jopeng@netgear.com if you are still experiencing periodically data disconnections and would like to help with the beta FW testing.

Please include the following information in your email:

1. Email Subject: Beta Testing on Data Disconnection Issue

2. Your community id

3. Full model,json file captured after logging to WebUI

Thanks in advance for your help on this.

Regards

John

Message 63 of 80
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@anjesh wrote:

bringing another issue to light as this thread seems to be active

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cell-Service-Mobile-Hotspot/MR6150-firmware-12-01-29-00-review-Glor...

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cell-Service-Mobile-Hotspot/MR6150-locked-to-only-4g-Bands/m-p/2337...

I replied to the above 2 threads. Thanks for bring them to my attention.

Thanks

Message 64 of 80
Diskman
Tutor

OK, I may be being impatience but it is 15 more days which makes a total of 5 weeks with nothing some have been having these issues for months. We need more help with our issues and not just fake promises. This is serious as we have spent in many cases over $1000 for something that only works intermittantly. I am not trying to cause trouble but this needs to be fixed. I am finding we are not disconnecting but have a connection but not internet throughput that is why we are needing to reboot then the connection returns with internet for a little while.

Message 65 of 80
Diskman
Tutor

In the time it took me to write the above problem I had to reconnect 3 times. This is not right. Oh and I have tried 3 other M6 Pro's and they are all having same issue. Netgear we need you to fix this or return our money.

Message 66 of 80
HaleskinnYT
Aspirant

its been a issue for years now, what we need is class action lawsuit and start gathering signatures so that netgear would finally admit they made **bleep** product and they fix the issues or refund everyone who wants refund
Message 67 of 80
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@Diskman wrote:

In the time it took me to write the above problem I had to reconnect 3 times. This is not right. Oh and I have tried 3 other M6 Pro's and they are all having same issue. Netgear we need you to fix this or return our money.

I would like to work with you to find out why you experienced the issue. I sent PM to you, but didn't get your feedback. 

The speed drop may be due to the interaction between network and the device. Could you please email me your contact info at jopeng@netgear.com, I will ask our SE to follow up with you. 

Thanks

Message 68 of 80
JBish
Aspirant

Email sent for the beta testing... Found a group of these in the json capture

"gcdump":"Str: FORCEFUL PANIC FOR OOM

Message 69 of 80
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@JBish wrote:

Received. Thanks for the report.

Regards

John

Message 70 of 80
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@JohnPeng wrote:

@JBish wrote:

Received. Thanks for the report.

Regards

John

@JBish Based on the logs, they all happened more than 2 months ago. We have fixes for these stability issues. A new ATT MR is being planned right now and will be released before Christmas in the current schedule.

Thanks

Message 71 of 80
JBish
Aspirant

Great, hopefully this will solve issues folks are having, the more info the better it is for everyone👍

Message 72 of 80
JBish
Aspirant

Well, It panicked and shut down, only recourse was reboot... Emailed log 

Regards,

J Bish

Message 73 of 80
Peopleschampgb
Aspirant

Hello. I am having the same problem with my netgear nighthawk randomly dropping connection even though I have signal. It just started a few weeks ago.
Message 74 of 80
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Peopleschampgb,

May we please know the device SKU (e.g. MR6150-100NAS)? This can be checked on the box of the product or on the barcode label. 
What is the current Firmware version? Kindly check for an available firmware update. 
Can you please let us know what troubleshooting you've tried?

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 75 of 80
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7