× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Solid Amber power light

BaileyHaw17
Follower

Solid Amber power light

My 4G LTE modem has a solid Amber power light. I've tried updating the firmware, but it says there was an error updating. I've factory reset it several times and nothing has helped.
Model: LB1120|4G LTE Modem
Message 1 of 3

Re: Solid Amber power light

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Mobile Routers, Hotspots & Modems

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 3
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Solid Amber power light

Hi @BaileyHaw17

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

If Power LED bar is solid amber then the modem is not connected to the Internet. 

Kindly check the mobile broadband connection:
• Make sure that a micro SIM card is installed in the modem. Micro SIM cards from other devices do not function in the modem and this SIM card does not function in other devices.
• If SIM security is enabled, make sure that you entered the PIN correctly to unlock the SIM card. A locked SIM card prevents the modem from connecting to the mobile broadband network.
• Make sure that your mobile broadband account is active.
• Check with your Internet service provider to ensure that coverage exists in the area. If no mobile broadband coverage exists, all Signal Strength bars are off.
• If only one or two Signal Quality LED bars light, move the modem closer to a window for better access to the mobile broadband signal.
• Check to see if your mobile service provider is experiencing network problems. It might not be that the modem cannot connect to the Internet, but rather that your service provider cannot provide an Internet connection.

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7