Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Disney Circle is blocking Ring Doorbell Pro Chime to function/connect to wifi

dtoepoel
Aspirant

Disney Circle is blocking Ring Doorbell Pro Chime to function/connect to wifi

Hi,

I have an Orbi RBR50 and two satellites, with Netgear Armor enabled, along with a Ring Pro doorbell and 2 Chimes that have been working fine.

That is, until I enabled Disney Circle on the Orbi.

The chimes lost connection and I could not get them to connect anymore. A factory reset of both chimes didn't work either. I made sure I had set all default devices to 'unfiltered' in Disney Circle to try and make sure it would not interfere in blocking them.

Not until I noticed this thread and actually went ahead and disabled Disney Circle could I get the chimes to reconnect again.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Circle-Smart-Parental-Controls/Disney-Circle-is-blocking-Ring-Doorb...

The Ring Doorbell Pro itself kept working fine with Circle enabled, the doorbell itself isn't the problem. (the Ring app keeps working just fine as well) ; it's just without the Chimes, you don't hear the doorbell in the house.

I really would like to enable Circle though. Any idea on how to further troubleshoot or mitigate this issue?

Kind Regards

/Dennis

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
dtoepoel
Aspirant

Re: Disney Circle is blocking Ring Doorbell Pro Chime to function/connect to wifi

In case anyone wanted to know, I am running on firmware version 2.3.5.30 on my RBR50 Orbi router.

/Dennis

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @dtoepoel, welcome to the community! To confirm, do you have the Chimes added to a profile or do you have them set to Unmanaged? The link below may help out.

https://support.meetcircle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026371332-Unmanaged-Devices

Dexter

Message 3 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @dtoepoel,  I would like to follow up and check if you are still experiencing the issue.

Dexter

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7