Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi RBR50 unable to re-connect Circle app after it lost connection, unable to receive passcode

aptninja
Guide

Orbi RBR50 unable to re-connect Circle app after it lost connection, unable to receive passcode

Subject: Orbi RBR50 unable to connect Circle app after it lost connection.

Orbi Serial #: 4PM26A5209518

Firmware Version: 2.7.4.24

Circle App, Agent Version: 2.3.0.4

Circle App, Database Version: 2.15.2

Circle App on iPhone:  Circle 1st Generation

Confirmed subscription for Premium is current in Apple Store:

circle_subscription.png

Confirmed the Smart Parental Controls are set for the Circle App in the router:

circle_parentalcontrols.png

Checked router firmware versions:

circle_firmware.png

Confirmed I am using the Circle 1st Generation app:

circle_app.png

The Circle is found on my router, I tap MANAGE CIRCLE, since I do not have access to the app, I tap “I am the only Circle admin”, and try to get the Passcode via SMS but run into the following error:

aptninja_0-1687046055953.png

Issue is similar to:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Circle-Smart-Parental-Controls/Issue-with-setting-up-Circle-with-Di...

There are no menus available in the app that would allow me to send the Passcode.

@DexterJB 

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
aptninja
Guide

Re: Orbi RBR50 unable to re-connect Circle app after it lost connection, unable to receive passcode

I was able to resolve the problem by rebooting the router.  After rebooting the router, I was able to receive an SMS text message with the code and complete reconnecting the app.

There should be something baked into the user interface here for parental controls, within the router, that would allow one to retrieve the code, without relying on SMS text messaging.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
aptninja
Guide

I was able to resolve the problem by rebooting the router.  After rebooting the router, I was able to receive an SMS text message with the code and complete reconnecting the app.

There should be something baked into the user interface here for parental controls, within the router, that would allow one to retrieve the code, without relying on SMS text messaging.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7