Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can no longer access remotely access Circle on my Netgear Orbi router RBR20

treaders76
Guide

Can no longer access remotely access Circle on my Netgear Orbi router RBR20

Hello,

I can no longer access remotely access Circle on my Netgear Orbi router RBR20. This problem started happening in the last 1-2 weeks. Prior to the last 1-2 weeks I have accessed Circle remotely for several years.

Orbi Router RBR20
Router firmware V2.7.3.22

Circle app for iOS on iPhone XS running iOS 16.2
App version 2.1.12 (873)
Circle firmware 2.3.0.4

I can successfully access Circle if I am connected at home to the wifi network created by the Orbi RBR20. But I cannot access Circle remotely.

Can you assist?

Thank you,
Ben

Message 1 of 72

Accepted Solutions
treaders
Star

Re: Can no longer access remotely access Circle on my Netgear Orbi router RBR20

Message from Netgear Support for information:

"...We got some update from Circle team that there are some issue on server side but they are able to fix it now. Please continue to test it for couple more days and confirm if the issue is already resolve."

View solution in original post

Message 70 of 72

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Possible that the FW on the Orbi system is out dated to what the Circle SW is expecting:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Wi-Fi-5-AC-and-Orbi-with/New-RBR-RBS-20-30-and-40-series-Firmw...

Message 2 of 72
treaders76
Guide

Thank you. I guess that is possible. I’ll look into it.
Message 3 of 72

Yes I have the same problem. I am surprised that Netgear haven't been proactive about this issue. Did you update the firmware and did it resolve the problem? 

It is causing massive issues in my house!

Message 4 of 72

Actually I just realised I have a RBR50, so the firmware won't apply. It must be some other issue...

Message 5 of 72
treaders76
Guide

Hi there, no I have not updated my RBR20 firmware yet. Hoping there’s an easier solution as my Orbi app is not suggesting the posted firmware update yet.
Message 6 of 72
treaders76
Guide

Ah, thank you for letting me know.
Message 7 of 72
treaders76
Guide

I have one Orbi RBR20 (router), two RBS20s (satellites) and one RBS40 (satellite). I updated all devices to the latest firmware V2.7.4.24. Unfortunately, this firmware update did not fix my Circle remote access problem. Circle still asks if I would like to Try again or Pair new Circle. Worth a shot though!

Message 8 of 72
Napkcin
Aspirant

Hi have the same issue. I have the RB50 and it started a few months ago. I am not able to access circle remotely from a different wifor cellular. I also have the latest firmware. Is there a fix for this?
Message 9 of 72

I have the same issue since a couple of months but with RBR50. Firmware is up to date. 

Message 10 of 72
treaders76
Guide

Interesting. I still have the same issue too. For me, it's been weeks. Well, since I noticed it!

Message 11 of 72

anyone from the netgear/circle team reading this !! A response would be nice or confirmation that you are working on this bug

Message 12 of 72
treaders76
Guide

Update

I have been discussing with the Circle on Netgear and Circle support teams via chat. I have factory reset my Orbi RBR20 router and satellites. I rebuilt my Orbi wifi network and the Circle app. However, I still cannot access Circle via remote access. Anywhere Access is enabled on my Orbi router: "Anywhere Access allows you to remotely access your products while you are away from your home network."

Message 13 of 72

It is incredibly annoying that I am paying for the Circle App and the service is not fully available. I would be good that if Netgear could even acknowledge the issue. 

Message 14 of 72
treaders76
Guide

I feel the same way. This has been going on far too long.

Message 15 of 72
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello @Napkcin and @treaders76  ,

Thank you for your clarification on the issues that you are having with the anywhere access feature with Circle. If you are using an RBR50 please ensure that you on on the current FW 2.7.5.4. For the RBR20 the current FW version at this time is FW 2.7.4.24.

Navigate to the links below if your FW is not current:

Please navigate to the link below for the download file for RBK50:
https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBK50#download

Please navigate to the link below for the download file for RBK20:

Orbi RBK22 | WiFi System | NETGEAR Support

For more information on manually updating your Orbi Mesh Systems please navigate to the link below:
https://kb.netgear.com/31573/How-do-I-manually-upgrade-firmware-on-my-Orbi-router-using-orbilogin-co...

Once you have verified that your Orbi Mesh System FW is current Please PM the following information so I can endorse you to our support team:

Name:
Email:
Phone Number:
Device Model:
Firmware:
Serial Number:
Preferred time to be contacted:
App version:

Please provide this information as soon as possible!
I look forward to hearing from you!

Best,
Kevin
Community Team

Message 16 of 72
treaders76
Guide

Hi Kevin,

My Orbi RBR20 is running the latest firmware V2.7.4.24. 

I am now in contact with the Netgear support team's Ellaine & Von under NETGEAR Support Case # 47032881.

I have tried a factory reset of the router and all satellites but this did not work. Running a power cycle, configuring the DNS and using another phone to install the Circle app on are the latest suggestions. I have yet to run a power cycle, configure the DNS to specific settings and install circle on another phone as I need to source another phone.

Regards,

Ben

Message 17 of 72
kamying
Aspirant

Same here, i cannot remote access circle apps for a few months. Anyone got any reply or solution from Netgear support? I am very disappointed the orib router are failed to remote access during this period.

Message 18 of 72
pecastillo
Tutor

Hi, 

Same problem here with a RBR40. Circle works when connected locally to the WiFI network but not remotely anymore. How disappointing Netgear is doing nothing about this. 

Pedro

Message 19 of 72

Ben, any luck with Netgear support?

Message 20 of 72
treaders76
Guide

No, not yet.

I tried all the steps per my Feb 28 post. Did not fix the problems. Still cannot access Circle remotely. Still cannot access my Circle passcode under “Manage”. Still do not receive text messages from Circle in order to access my passcode.

Netgear plan to call me in a few days.
Message 21 of 72

Yep did the same. Updated the router and circle to the latest firmware. Reset the app and my router and still have the same issue. Shouldn't be hard to reproduce this in their lap. Don't understand why it takes so long to fix it.

Message 22 of 72
Drew175
Aspirant

I have. Had the same problem. But added to this I paused my circle last night, all not just one of the kids, now I can access the Circle at all, and the netgear app will not connect as there is no wifi.
Message 23 of 72
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 24 of 72
treaders76
Guide

I've now spoken to Netgear customer support twice. They will elevate this issue to Netgear engineering.

Netgear will also liaise with Circle support.

I have previously spoken to Circle support directly. While Circle support did provide some helpful information they also directed me to Netgear support.

Message 25 of 72
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 71 replies
  • 22 kudos
  • 12 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7