Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi loses internet connection when Circle is enabled

ngivens
Aspirant

Orbi loses internet connection when Circle is enabled

I have have an RBR40 and two RBS20 satellites. I’d really like to use the included Circle parental controls, but whenever I enable the feature the router inevitably loses internet connection. As soon as disable Circle the connection starts working again. This issue has persisted through every firmware update and factory reset I’ve tried. I’m not sure what else to try at this point. Any ideas would greatly appreciated. I’m currently in FW 2.3.1.58. Thanks!
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @ngivens, welcome to the community! I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Dexter

Message 2 of 9
unrly
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue, and it's driving me nuts. Ever since the last update (I'm on 2.3.1.60 currently) things have been terrible and I can't manually set my own DNS when the Internet IP is set to Get Dynamically from ISP without disabling Circle?

Message 3 of 9
unrly
Aspirant

@DexterJB I think I got it. Backup and factory reset seemed to do the trick. Thanks
Message 4 of 9
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @unrly, thanks for providing an update. Glad to know that sorted it out.

Dexter

Message 5 of 9
ngivens
Aspirant

I’ve tried a full reset and unfortunately still have the same issue. Things work fine as long as Circle is not turned on, but as soon as I enable Circle the same issue comes back.
Message 6 of 9
unrly
Aspirant

Dang. I'm wondering if Circle is causing some issues in the newest update because whenever I turned it off it seemed to work but now that I have reset it keeps prompting me to turn it on when I log in to the router. I turn it on, then next time I log in it prompts again.
Message 7 of 9
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @ngivens and @unrly, I have sent you messages. Please check your inbox.

Dexter

Message 8 of 9
Khel226
Aspirant

Hello.. I’m having the same issue with Circle when enabled, my internet gets cut off. I’m already on latest firmware 2.3.1.60 on my Orbi. Can someone please help me?Thank you

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7