× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Pro Mesh Configuration

schumaku
Guru

Orbi Pro Mesh Configuration

Hello John,

Happy New Year!

Based on various installations in the field and many community posts I like to push an enhancement request for Orbi Pro (and Orbi). Your customers are struggling to properly configure Orbi's mesh network according to the effective set-up and layout. The basic issue does become perfectly visible with the two config examples in What is daisy chain and how does it work with my Orbi WiFi System?  But there are more.

To me, it's rather confusing that consumers and non-networking pros - the common customer scope for Orbi and Orbi Pro- have to care about "configuring" or "specifying" the Mesh configuration and layout. In my opinion, the Mesh must be maintained fully automatic, regardless of the architecture in place being a wireless star, a wireless daisy chain, partially or fully cabled connections between router/base and satellites, or connections between satellites. And needless to say, most Mesh reconfigurations must be seamless, without disconnections or connection loss. Then it's a Mesh. As is, it's more the thing with the two ss at the end. 

Any chance to enhance the Orbi architecture bottom up to become a true flexible Mesh?

Regards,

-Kurt 

Message 1 of 1
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements