Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: D6200 Modem Router - Cannot install and get running

MichaelHJones
Aspirant

D6200 Modem Router - Cannot install and get running

Have just bought and tried to install model D6200 Router. Plugged DSL cable in, connected ethernet cable and an extender. Keep getting a message saying ADSL cable not connected. Have re-connected BT Home Hub that I hoped to replace with D6200 and the BT Hub works fine again on both ethernet and WiFi, hence being able to email now..any ideas?

Message 1 of 6
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I’m not a DSL user myself, I’m with Virgin Media, but I’m wondering if some of the ADSL parameters might need adjust (VCI/VPI) e.g. http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/644/~/how-do-i-configure-my-non-bt-router-to-work-wit...

Message 2 of 6
MichaelHJones
Aspirant

Sorry, BT's help pages are no help. Any more ideas? I plug in the router, connect the DSL cable and ethernet cable and when I try to go into the Netgear Router login, I get the message 'No DSL cable is plugged into the Router ADSL port' - but it is plugged in and I know the cables are OK as they work with the BT Home Hub I am trying to replace.

Message 3 of 6
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I’m not best placed to advise here, since I’ve had little involvement with DSL modems, but if your router WAN settings are correct and it cannot connect with the ISP equipment then it may well be faulty.

Message 4 of 6
langstaff
Aspirant

Did you find a solution for this ? I am getting exactly the same problem, am trying to move from my BT Homehub5 to the D6200, I know all the cables/filters work fine etc... thanks Steve

Message 5 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Langstaff

Are you using the DSL filter with the D6200?

DarrenM

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7