Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: D7000 Dynamic DNS feature clobbers *all* No-IP hostnames

tominwi
Luminary

D7000 Dynamic DNS feature clobbers *all* No-IP hostnames

When I apply the no-ip hostname that I want to be associated with my D7000 router, the D7000 causes ALL OF MY HOSTNAMES to be updated with this one specific IP address. I have three hostnames in my No-IP Dynamic DNS Enhanced account, all different ISPs and IP addresses, but the Dynamic DNS feature in the D7000 blasts not one, but all three.

I contacted no-ip support about this, and they told me it has to be a router issue, as if the message from the router to update the DDNS is not "specific" enough.

Using firmware 1.0.1.60_1.0.1

Message 1 of 5
Mythoss
Aspirant

Re: D7000 Dynamic DNS feature clobbers *all* No-IP hostnames

I have the same problem to...

As i understand Netgear doesn't care to solve problems....

Message 2 of 5
j27h
Aspirant

Rif.: D7000 Dynamic DNS feature clobbers *all* No-IP hostnames

Same problem here, No-IP free account with 2 hostnames:

1. First one used in a QNAP NAS with public IP in a city;
  2. Second one in a Netgear D7000 v1 (firmware V1.0.1.68_1.0.1) with public IP in a different city.

When the public IP changes on the router connected to the QNAP NAS, this one correctly update only the IP connected to his specific hostname.

When the public IP changes on the D7000 router, this one send a command that updates bot the hostnames, changing also the one of the QNAP that became unaccessible until the NAS update his IP's hostname again.

By the way, I got the same answer from the No-IP support: the issue is on the Netgear firmware, as all the other device tested updates the hostnames in the correct way...

Model: D7000v1|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 3 of 5
tominwi
Luminary

Thank you for confirming that the problem remains with the .68 (latest) firmware. Since I posted last March I have updated firmware but not yet tried Dynamic DNS again with my paid No-IP account.

Not sure how this no doubt simple problem to fix continues to escape Netgear's attention!? But in the meantime I will use another means to do the IP updating.

Message 4 of 5
j27h
Aspirant

Yes, indeed the problem is still present with the latest firmware v1.0.1.68.

As for other problems found in D7000 firmware, I hope we could sort out a solution here:

https://github.com/negan07/ancistrus/issues/44

Everyone interested in solving this issue could join this thread on GitHub.

Model: D7000v1|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7