Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: D7000 and Epson ET-4500 woes (Epson Connect)

ricke17
Apprentice

D7000 and Epson ET-4500 woes (Epson Connect)

I was wondering if anyone has a D7000 and an Epson ET-4500. Essentially I'm failing to activate the Epson Connect feature which allows me to use the printer to email scans to myself (or someone else), upload to the cloud and to scan and send direct to my Mac. I've tried numerous permutations to figure this out and all I get is an "internet" or "epson connect" error after the programme has found the printer (connected via Ethernet) and asks for the DNS address (my D7000 address) and then fails to proceed any further. I suspect I may need to have a certain port open but am not too sure. I've emailed Epson support too. Hopefully someone can help me.

Rick.
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Your question is unclear.  You should set up a port forwarding rule that points to the actual IP address of the printer.  You should set up an address reservation on the D7000 to assign a stable address to the printer.  This will prevent the printer from changing its IP address and breaking the port forwarding rule.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
ricke17
Apprentice

Turns out I need to open port 5222 - any idea how I do this?

Message 2 of 6
TheEther
Guru

Page 261 in the manual.

Message 3 of 6
ricke17
Apprentice

Does the IP for the printer be the actual IP I have assigned it in as much as what I put in

Message 4 of 6
TheEther
Guru

Your question is unclear.  You should set up a port forwarding rule that points to the actual IP address of the printer.  You should set up an address reservation on the D7000 to assign a stable address to the printer.  This will prevent the printer from changing its IP address and breaking the port forwarding rule.

Message 5 of 6
ricke17
Apprentice

Sorry I was half asleep when I wrote my reply. I've followed your suggestion as all is good. Thanks!
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7