Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: DGN2200M and Three.co.uk - not singingit kitty

quantium
Aspirant

DGN2200M and Three.co.uk - not singingit kitty

I suspect all UK residents have seen the "Sing it Kitty" advert and viral video on You Tube. However since about a week ago, Three.co.uk updated its mobile mast near here, and since then the DGN2200M will not work. It says it is connected to Three, but the computer will not even render http://www.three.co.uk when using the mobile broadband mode. I have tried with two different "dongles" and the result is the same. I have also tried factory re-set, and neither improves the situation. Three support say complain to Netgear. I wonder whether there are any other Three users on this forum.
Message 1 of 9
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Have you tested using USB dongle straight to PC and see result is same or better?
Message 2 of 9
quantium
Aspirant

jmizoguchi wrote:
Have you tested using USB dongle straight to PC and see result is same or better?
It works with a PC.
Message 3 of 9
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

I would contact support directly using portal at my.netgear.com

Also check the DNS when you have dongle to pc and use that DNS on PC behind the router when PC is behind it and see if that helps but highly suggest to contact support.
Message 4 of 9
quantium
Aspirant

jmizoguchi wrote:
I would contact support directly using portal at my.netgear.com

Also check the DNS when you have dongle to pc and use that DNS on PC behind the router when PC is behind it and see if that helps but highly suggest to contact support.

I did an ipconfig /all from the command prompt and the settings were the same.

I then re-set the network using "obtain an IP address automatically", and it worked through the router. Again an ipconfig /all produced the same settings (apart from a different IP address for the machine I was using because it was selected by DHCP)

So I then went back to the manual settings, and it still worked.

I cannot imagine why., except that disconnecting and reconnecting the network settings did the trick.

I cannot imagine why a change at the mast would have caused all this trouble.

I am only using Three as a back up service, but hopefully this can now continue.

Thanks to everyone who has read the thread and contributed.
Message 5 of 9
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

I couldn't tell you if DHCP from the router is still working. Something to do with NAT that caused an issues with router .
Message 6 of 9
Devor
Luminary

Or, perhaps an IP conflict.
Message 7 of 9
quantium
Aspirant

Devor wrote:
Or, perhaps an IP conflict.

Don't see how it could be as for the purposes of test there was only one computer on the network 192.168.0.33 and the router 192.168.0.1 The wireless was turned off and nothing else was connected to the Ethernet. When it was set to "obtain automatically" the computer was given 192.168.0.50 as that is where DHCP starts.
Message 8 of 9
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

I would say more buggy NAT that may have caused some issues

I would report the issues to support to share the experiences
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation