Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: DGND3700v1 died

Shivian
Aspirant

DGND3700v1 died

Looks like it was a little over 3 years old. I turned it off and tried to turn it back on but looked pretty dead. Went into the electronics store and tested it with a brand new power adapter and no dice so it looks like the unit is gone. 😞

Is there a chance this thing is fixable? Something I can check out? I could solder replacement caps in if that's something that typically goes on them.

Thanks,
Shiv

Message 1 of 7
VE6CGX
Master

Hi, Nothing to lose at this point, open it up and look, see, sniff around. Even power switch could be bad, who knows. Good luck.
Message 2 of 7
Shivian
Aspirant

Literally did have a sniff of it to check for that burnt electronics smell. There was no burnt smell that I could tell so guess that's a good sign. The device also was lukewarm but not hot (it had been on 24x7 for weeks).
Message 3 of 7
richud
Apprentice

shiv: caps all looked perfect on mine when I last had it apart the other day, from my experience caps usually go slowly so it would be dickie a bit before it was totally dead. - can you put a multimeter on the board when its powered on and see how far voltage gets into it? Polyfuse or 0 ohm resistor-as-a-fuse somewhere near power in??
Message 4 of 7
Shivian
Aspirant

Thanks will give that a shot and post back.
Message 5 of 7
Shivian
Aspirant

Sorry my multimeter was dead. Finally got to it. Not sure what I'm doing wrong but I can't get any voltage passed the switch.
Message 6 of 7
additude
Virtuoso

If that's the case, you don't need a switch, you have a power cord. Just solder a couple of wires across the switch hot to hot, common to common and ground to ground. Plug it back in... umm, you did remember to unplug the thing before you stuck a soldering iron to it, right? 🙂
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7