Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Nighthawk

Laurelhayes
Follower

Netgear Nighthawk

All - can anyone help please? My router keeps dropping, at least once a week, usually more.  With limited techy knowledge I end up having to unplug/switch off and/or press the reset button.  Lights come on until it gets to the 'twisted rope' light (network?), which then flashes on/off (white) and then the 'planet' light goes fixed orange (not flashing). Thank you LightsLights

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: Netgear Nighthawk

To understand what the LEDs mean, read the manual.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Check the section in the manual Troubleshoot With the LEDs.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

The "twisted rope" tells you that you have a DSL signal. The 'planet' is the Internet indicator. The orange is telling you that you are not connected to your Internet service provider's Internet.

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.)

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers about your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

DSL Modems & Routers

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7