Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rif.: New firmware with built in Torrent Client

pietrodevo
Aspirant

Finally I managed to reproduce your issue, I mean, in a certain way.

If I sort by name and then return sorting by number there is a strange behaviour, clicking again on arrows to set again by number continues to change alphabetical order, the same happens with the # option, there are different combinations hard to explain at all beacuse seems to be random to me.

What makes me unable to find out is the fact that, because I needed so much devices ordered by ip adress, I manually edited and saved all my list to have everything in order already, so adding a device that needed to be in the middle or at the very beginning meant really a pain, because had to manually edit again the whole list every single time.

EDIT:

A little challenge for @richud

Do you think would be possible to add a VLAN feature to this router? so having different layers, possibility to allow internet acces differently and assign or isolate wlan separately to certain VLAN, assign LAN port and so on, using VLAN TAG (protocol 802.3?).

Have a large network of 5 prosafe plus GS108E/ GS116E from netgear and use different lans, one for internet, one for media sharing, one for ip cameras surveillance, one for domotics and so on. If possible I am totally available and willing to help and beta test 😉

Message 1126 of 1,478
valeriom
Aspirant

richud: I will try with wireshark, at moment on my Windows 10 desktop PC I check the Beacon with WiFi Tool App, that use this API https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/windows.devices.wifi.wifiavailablenetwork.beac...

2016-12-20.png2016-12-20 (1).png

Message 1127 of 1,478
valeriom
Aspirant

richud: also using Microsoft Message Analyzer I see the following Beacon (400 for DGND3700)

Timestamp			MacHeader.BSSID		Body.BeaconInterval	
2016-12-22T16:49:39.6869710	NETGEAR			400	
2016-12-22T16:49:39.6869816	NETGEAR			400	
2016-12-22T16:49:39.7706611	ADB Broadband Italia	100	
2016-12-22T16:49:39.7706746	ADB Broadband Italia	100	

so probably I have to reset the router to factory default Smiley Frustrated without restoring my backup cfg.

Is possible to decrypt NETGEAR_DGND3700.cfg or to save to plain-text ?

I'm afraid that the beacon configuration is saved in the cfg

EDIT: yes if I reset to factory default the Beacon change to 100, but if I restore my NETGEAR_DGND3700.cfg the Beacon change to 400.

So exist any way to decrypt NETGEAR_DGND3700.cfg ?

Message 1128 of 1,478
jewelie
Aspirant

@valeriom wrote:

Is possible to decrypt NETGEAR_DGND3700.cfg or to save to plain-text ?

I'm afraid that the beacon configuration is saved in the cfg

Rich will have a better answer I'm sure, but if you're logged into the router via either telnet or ssh you can use the param command:

param show

Will give you a textual dump of the current configuration?

To dump this to a file /tmp/routerconfig.txt :

param show  >/tmp/routerconfig.txt

I don't know if that helps?  Potentially then you could process that textfile into a list of param set commands, execute that as a script, then do a param save?

Message 1129 of 1,478
whskerp
Aspirant

If you telnet or ssh into the router and type:

~ # param show | grep bcn
wlg_bcnIntvl=100
wla_bcnIntvl=100
wl0_bcn=100

you should see the settings.

You can modify using "param set variable=value" and then "param save" to make permanent.

Peter

Message 1130 of 1,478
valeriom
Aspirant

@valeriom wrote:

Hi there,

I have many drops on WiFi connection on some devices connected to the router Man Sad.

With other WiFi access point the devices works, the only difference that I see from the device when I connect to DGND3700 is the "Beacon Intervall = 409,6ms" (for other I see 102,4ms).

I remember that on previous firmware was possible to change also this parameters:

advanced Wifi menu back that was 'hidden' in original firmware, A-MPDU/A-MSDU aggregation, Beacon, DTIM interval setting

It still possible to change the Beacon and the DTIM Interval ???

I have checked on NVRAM and I see the following:

wlg_dtmIntvl=1
wlg_bcnIntvl=100
wla_dtmIntvl=1
wla_bcnIntvl=100
wl0_bcn=100
wl0_dtim=1

But the device that connect to the router say that the Beacon Intervall = 409,6ms

Any idea ?

Thanks

On my router the NVRAM parameters are ignored, if I run the wl command from the console I see:

~ # wl bi

~ # wl dtim

To change the Beacons and the DTIM at moment I have found this way, from telnet console:

~ # wl bi 100
~ # wl dtim 1
~ # wl down
~ # wl up

But if I reboot the router the parameters go back to 400 and 4 Man Sad

richud: any way to decrypt NETGEAR_DGND3700.cfg ? if you have the source code for the Write or the Read of .CFG used in the firmware I can try to write a small utility for decode it

Message 1131 of 1,478
HarlockSA
Aspirant

Hi All,

Cannot extract the archive and get the .chk on my Mac.

Give me another archive, then another archive and like this forever.

any idea ?

Regards

sebastien

Message 1132 of 1,478
AndyTaylor
Aspirant

hi Sebastien

You can download the free utility Easy 7-Zip to extract the firmware archive. Other utilites are available.

Alternatively,  you can use the command line utility gunzip

Message 1133 of 1,478

@AndyTaylor wrote:

You can download the free utility Easy 7-Zip to extract the firmware archive. Other utilites are available.

He's on a mac, poor soul.

Google shows this:

Keka - the free macOS file archiver

Message 1134 of 1,478
AndyTaylor
Aspirant

@michaelkenward wrote:

He's on a mac, poor soul.

I knew that, of course I meant the utility 7zX. 

Message 1135 of 1,478

Don't macs come with native unzippers, like Windows?

I thought Macs could walk on water and chew gum at the same time.

Message 1136 of 1,478
AndyTaylor
Aspirant

@michaelkenward wrote:

Don't macs come with native unzippers, like Windows?

They certainly do, and unlike Windows can handle most common compression formats via the terminal.

Anyway, this is off-topic.

Message 1137 of 1,478
BigDaddyUK
Aspirant

Hi,

Is there any way to add the option 61 hex via telnet with this latest firmware for SKY Mer?
Have tried the Customs options but having problems with adding the hex or does it not need to be in hex.

cheers.

Message 1138 of 1,478
AndyTaylor
Aspirant

@BigDaddyUK wrote:

Hi,

Is there any way to add the option 61 hex via telnet with this latest firmware for SKY Mer?
Have tried the Customs options but having problems with adding the hex or does it not need to be in hex.

cheers.

I think the custom option is for internal DHCP only.

The usual method for setting the WAN MAC address is to do so in the Internet settings:

Basic>Internet

"Does your connection require a login?" needs to be set to NO for the right fields to be seen.

Set the Router MAC address to what you need it to be. Save config and test.

Message 1139 of 1,478
Naa2
Aspirant

Re: New firmware with built in Torrent Client

Just saw the new update today and applied it.  Working great.  So amazing that you are still maintaining this.  Thanks Richud!

Model: DGND3700|N600 WIRELESS DUAL BAND GIGABIT ADSL2+ MODEM ROUTER
Message 1140 of 1,478
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Quick question... I have formatted an HD ext3 and attached it to my DGND3700. Looking at file sharing there is both NFS and SMB. My client computers are all Win10 Pro. Is there any reason to use one of these over the other? Thanks.

Message 1141 of 1,478
haydude
Aspirant

NFS (Network FileSystem) is a Unix protocol which is faster than Windows Shares (SMB/Samba)

For example if you have a disk share mounted with NFS over a Gigabit LAN you would be able to a high definition video file from a client mounting the share. You will be unable to play it smootly using Windows Shares.

However Windoze does not support NFS out of the box.

Message 1142 of 1,478
whskerp
Aspirant

You can add an NFS client to Windows 10. Control Panel... Programs and Features... Windows Features... Services for NFS...

Message 1143 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

Can anyone with a DGND3800 only please try this and see if it fixes non-booting?

https://mega.nz/#!IVhWlD5Q!lyIyML9uvcctulUlxVPSEmfi8RR3S13FEsnTuuV-V4Q
Message 1144 of 1,478
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Does this also have the fix for not sorting the IP address column?

Message 1145 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

w3: nope, but I just had a fiddle about and fixed that too, (specifically modified sorttable.js to do ip's and made it sort case insensative for text.)

If I can get hold of anyone with a 3800 to confirm it now flashes ok on that, I will rebuild with .js fix and release.

NFS will be ~20% faster and use less memory/resources on router, but if you are in windows smb/cifs will probably be easier to use.

Either way it will still crawl as no dedicated usb hardware on the router. (It is plenty fast enough to stream 1080p from etc. though, have a 2Tb drive hung off it)

Message 1146 of 1,478
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Ended up staying SMB. I activated NFS in Win10 and had no trouble accessing an HD attached to the router using Windows explorer, but wasn't able to access the drive using TODO backup. I tried both UNC and mapping a drive which both worked fine from explorer, but TODO backup gave errors either way. TODO backup works fine using SMB to access the drive.

Thanks for the info on sorting.

Message 1147 of 1,478
Buckchoi
Guide

@richud I think @LuKePicci / @LuKePicci1 has a DGND3800.

Message 1148 of 1,478
LuKePicci
Aspirant

Yes, I have one, but it's currently running OpwnWRT since I need the host_uniq flag to be set in order to successfully connect to my fiber ISP. So I cannot test this firmware builds at the moment. Anyway if you find some time to work on patching ppp(oe) I will be ready to come back to the stock based firmwares since they properly support Wi-Fi chips by broadcom present in our devices.

Message 1149 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

luke: is host_uniq lacking from software or the gui lacking a place to add it?
Message 1150 of 1,478
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7