Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New firmware with built in Torrent Client

richud
Apprentice

@bulldog147, just trade the v2 for a v1 on eBay, you will probably break even 🙂 [the V1 has double the memory]
@malpd yeah I slightly altered how the variable string was stored in this firmware to make it slightly more robust in the future - side effect, as you noticed, was that needed re-saving if you weren't using the default choice for the first item 🙂
@w3 great, glad that fixed it.
@renegade,robbi,w3,pdnei - cheers !
@pdneri, all the firmwares for this V1, i.e. .12 .17 .20(never released beta) have VDSL as part of the adsl 'blob' , just the .17, for whatever reason, had it removed in the www menu. I haven't had anyone tell me definitively if it works or not though. If anyone is using VDSL it would be nice to hear from you!
Message 276 of 1,478
bulldog147
Novice

richud wrote:
@bulldog147, just trade the v2 for a v1 on eBay, you will probably break even 🙂 [the V1 has double the memory]

I wouldn't bother now as my fibre available next month. So, it pointless to but V1 as the firmware wouldn't benefit FTTC. Thanks anyway.
Message 277 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

@bulldog
As far as I know you should be able to connect the V1 directly to BT Infinity using VDSL without needing any of their kit - no one has let me know if they have it working or not though yet.
(Just need to set PPoE and wan0_vlan_id=101 ?)
Message 278 of 1,478
bulldog147
Novice

V2 will work with fibre through PPoE Wan port (as it does metion fibre/cable on the WAN port)
Message 279 of 1,478
bulldog147
Novice

My mate had Netgear DGND3700v1 and it won't work with FTTC alone on the router as this router doesn't have VDSL modem inbuilt, but he say it does work with PPoE Wan port connected directly to BT Openreach Modem on LAN 1 port. You only need username/password of your isp to put on the router PPoE login.
Message 280 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

DGND3700 V1 indeed supports VDSL/VDSL2, the same Broadcom chip is used by most companies for their VDSL kit, if you don't believe me google 'BCM6368' !
Message 281 of 1,478
bulldog147
Novice

Does Netgear DGND3700v2 support VDSL/VDSL2? Does it have BCM6368 on it? If not, sound like Netgear had conned me misleading of why it does say it does support Fibre/Cable on the WAN port on the box.
Message 282 of 1,478
regenade
Aspirant

richud wrote:
DGND3700 V1 indeed supports VDSL/VDSL2, the same Broadcom chip is used by most companies for their VDSL kit, if you don't believe me google 'BCM6368' !

Hello richud. The DGND3700 v1 it seems never supported VDSL, its the Annex B version DGND3800B which support VDSL/VDSL2. Also the DSL firmware can be interchanged between the 2 versions. Check here for more details :

http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/netgear/dgnd3700

The firmware of DGND3800B can be found here : ftp://updates1.netgear.com/dgnd3800/de/DGND3800-V3.0.0.8_3.0.8.chk

Any idea if we can have the DSL driver from 3800 integrated into our 3700v1. That would cement the VDSL support along with IPv6 as its confirmed the boards in both are same. Of course we will need some one having VDSL to test this out. I am sure there will be lot of BT VDSL guys in here to test this.
Message 283 of 1,478
pdneri
Follower

With last firmware, 2.4G net is limited to 54Mbps, even if I have selected 300 and WPA2 only. :confused:
Does anybody face same issue?
Message 284 of 1,478
maxen
Aspirant

But the last version of this firmware is based on V1.0.0.20 or .17 ?
Message 285 of 1,478
Malpd
Aspirant

pdneri wrote:
With last firmware, 2.4G net is limited to 54Mbps, even if I have selected 300 and WPA2 only. :confused:
Does anybody face same issue?

my connection dropped from 300 to 144 wpa2 aes
Message 286 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

@maxen: .17 , source for .20 not released. @pd, malp, works fine for me @ 300 (at 5ghz too, see other thread) , nothing wifi is touched from stock firmware.
rich@PortegeR830:~$ iwconfig
eth0      no wireless extensions.

lo        no wireless extensions.

wlan0     IEEE 802.11abgn  ESSID:"xxxxxx"  
          Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.462 GHz  Access Point: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx   
          Bit Rate=300 Mb/s   Tx-Power=15 dBm   
          Retry  long limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Power Management:on
          Link Quality=46/70  Signal level=-64 dBm  
          Rx invalid nwid:0  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx invalid frag:0
          Tx excessive retries:275  Invalid misc:50   Missed beacon:0
Message 287 of 1,478
Malpd
Aspirant

i just cant get it over 144 and cant totaly connect to the 5ghz one ... im starting to think its a problem of the netgear dongle (wnda3100v2)
Message 288 of 1,478
Malpd
Aspirant

changed from "auto" to channle 5 and now im back at 300mbps now time to fix the 5ghz network :cool:
Message 289 of 1,478
bulldog147
Novice

Beta firmware could be brick your security online! I wouldn't touch it!
Message 290 of 1,478
Malpd
Aspirant

Malpd wrote:
changed from "auto" to channle 5 and now im back at 300mbps now time to fix the 5ghz network :cool:
change 5ghz from channel 33 to 44 and now that started working again too .....
Message 291 of 1,478
pdneri
Follower

Changed channel, mode, security ... still 54Mbps on 2.4GHz .... something has changed from previous fw ....:confused:
suggestions?
Message 292 of 1,478
w3wilkes
Prodigy

I had this issue. Turned out that even though the router was set to AES it was actually only allowing TKIP. Changed security to AES+TKIP and then was able to connect AES at 300Mbps. Later changed security back to just AES and it then worked at 300Mbps.
Message 293 of 1,478
pdneri
Follower

Thanks I'll test AES-TKIP options.

Today I moved my ISP from ADSL2+ to VDSL2 and ... it connects (so VDSL works on DGND3700) but unfortunately router does not get the IP from ISP DHCP.
:mad::mad::mad:

Any suggestion?
Message 294 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

@pdneri, do you need vlan tagging? what isp?
I have added vlan tagging and igmpproxy in the build I am working on...
Message 295 of 1,478
pdneri
Follower

ISP: FASTWEB in Italy with FTTS 100/10 Mbps

I received a Technicolor TG589vn v3 router and it works, but I would like to use my 3700.

I am sorry but I do not know if I need vlan tagging :confused:. Are there some tests I could do?

I already tried to change many options in the GUI.
I also tried to set as Static IP the IP given to the Technicolor router (I checked that lease time is long enough) but it didn't work.
Message 296 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

@pdneri , look like no vlan tagging for you, in fact no PPP at all just 1483 Routed IP LLC, looks straightforward.....(famous last words)

According to Fastweb's info

Internet > No logon
LLC-BASED
VPI: 8
VCI: 36

check:
ADSL Settings > DSL mode VDSL (this shouldn't matter but it may set some things I am unaware of)
xDSL Advanced > DSL Modulation > VDSL (this overrides)

** ADSL probably needs changing from ATM to PTM, [most VDSL needs PTM framing]

If you have WAN setup > 'WAN Preference' on 'auto' not 'Must use DSL only', you may need to turn off Network Services 'Ethernet WAN port to LAN' as I noticed udhcpc first tries getting an dhcp address from eth0.

Below looks like everything bar the PTM (assuming their web site isn't wrong)

http://www.fastweb.it/myfastpage/assistenza/guide-fisso/configurazioni/modem/netgear_dgn2200/

Can you please PM/email/post me results of

dmesg
ifconfig
/var/log/messages
Message 297 of 1,478
pdneri
Follower

Richud, I love you!!!
PTM was the key!!! Now it works!
Yestarday I spent hours changing options but I saw ATM somewhere in Fastweb pages and I never tried PTM.
Thanks a lot!!!! 🙂

Let me know if you still need logs etc for your purpouses.
Message 298 of 1,478
gothebroncos
Novice

Hey maybe a noob question but will see how it goes.

I installed the firmware and and played around with many of its features for a couple of weeks now. I managed to have a usb formatted as EXT3 and placed the folder transmissionbt on it and have had torrents running. The problem is that the speed of both the upload and download is all over the place. Have tested with both private and public torrents, well seeded or small swarms as well. It is as if the torrent gets going at a decent speed then drops back to 0, then it gets going again. This happens like every couple of seconds. I really hope that I can fix what ever is going on as I like the thought of not running the PC 24 hours a day.

Any thoughts?
Message 299 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

@pdneri: cool 🙂 , if you don't mind sending me the following logs ( to something @ richud.com ) it will help me understand how your type of connection works. You will need to telnet/ssh in, first two are commands that will dump text on the screen you can hopefully cut-n-paste, the other two you need to cat to dump to screen first. (i.e. cat /tmp/dsl_info_file )

dmesg
ifconfig
/tmp/dsl_info_file
/var/log/messages

If you struggle, the ifconfig one is the most useful so I can check how I would need to set up igmpproxy for your connection type. Thanks!

@gothebroncos: not seen/heard of anyone with that problem, sounds like something is crapping out somewhere....
Firstly I assume the DSL connection isn't going up and down?
2) suggest trying with a ext3 USB stick instead of a hdd to rule out usb power issues/drive problems. (dmesg output will probably show any USB wierdness) 3) try with just one well seeded torrent, halve max peers, halve upload and download limits. 4) make sure no pc's connected to the router have a torrent client running on them too.
Message 300 of 1,478
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7