Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't flash this firmware

Malpd
Aspirant

Re: New firmware with built in Torrent Client

Deleted all automatic related files, generated new rss feeds, reboot and its working again . mabe the "memory" was full and needed to be purged 🙂 (it was pullig 4xx files every time)
Message 326 of 1,478
Malpd
Aspirant

guess i was wron it actualy keeps adding already downloaded torrents to the queue ..... just adds less of them since i edited the feeds limiting max results
Message 327 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

malp: suggest you clean the transmission sub-folders too (.torrents, resume stuff etc)
Message 328 of 1,478
Fatt0
Aspirant

Hi richud,
i'm from Italy and I have Telecom Alice adsl 7Mega and dgnd3700 v1.
with firmware 1.0.0.17 i have many disconnections every day (red light and the modem can't reconnect until i switch off and on again) so i tried 1.0.0.19beta2 and the connection seems to be quite stable in the last 48 hours.

then i flashed the last 2 releases of your wonderful firmware but i keep losing adsl link every 30 secs or 1 minute, could it be the adsl driver from 1.0.0.20staticppa?

is it possible to have a build with the old adsl driver from 1.0.0.19beta2 to try?
Versione firmware ADSL A2pv6C035j.d23k <--this one

anyway, thank you for your really good work!!!

ps hope you understand my rubbish english 😉
Message 329 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

fatto: sounds a bit strange that - you can hot load to test, copy 35j to somewhere in /tmp on router and do this

~ # mkdir /tmp/adsl
~ # cp /tmp/adsl_phy_A2pv6C035j-vvg2000-1.4.26.bin /tmp/adsl/adsl_phy.bin
~ # mount -o bind /tmp/adsl /etc/adsl
~ # xdslctl --version
xdslctl version 1.0
ADSL PHY: AnnexA version - A2pv6C035m.d23k
~ # xdslctl stop
~ # xdslctl start
~ # xdslctl --version
xdslctl version 1.0
ADSL PHY: AnnexA version - A2pv6C035j.d23k
~ # xdslctl start --up
Message 330 of 1,478
Bharat_singh
Aspirant

@richud first of all thank you for your great work.
I have recently bought this router and installed firmware developed by you. Every thing is working fine, I just wanted to know how can i remotely access this router and files on hard disk attached to this router with windows system. Can you or any one else on this forum help me with that I have set up ddns account with NOIP.COM.
thanks again.
Message 331 of 1,478
Bharat_singh
Aspirant

I have been able to access sftp over wan. 😄
But I can not access tranmission over WAN. can you help me. Thank you again....
Message 332 of 1,478
Malpd
Aspirant

you can use a ftp client like WINSCP to acces the hdd remotely (enable the service from the controllpannel)

Bharat_singh wrote:

But I can not access tranmission over WAN. can you help me. Thank you again....

have you enabled the Remote settings in the transmission files ?
Message 333 of 1,478
Bharat_singh
Aspirant

Malpd wrote:
you can use a ftp client like WINSCP to acces the hdd remotely (enable the service from the controllpannel)

Thanks its working fine with WINSCP.

Malpd wrote:
have you enabled the Remote settings in the transmission files ?

no I haven't done any such thing. Where can I find these settings?
Message 334 of 1,478
Bharat_singh
Aspirant

I use my DDNS address in REMOTE HOST in remote gui. I can connect to transmission when on the same network but but when on WAN cannot connect to it.
Message 335 of 1,478
Malpd
Aspirant

you have to go on your usb HDD to the transmissionbt folder find settings.json and edit the following (open the file with notepad) "rpc-authentication-required": true, "rpc-bind-address": "0.0.0.0", "rpc-enabled": true, "rpc-password": "choose-password", "rpc-port": 55555, "rpc-url": "/transmission/", "rpc-username": "choose-user", "rpc-whitelist": "127.0.0.1,192.168.*.*", "rpc-whitelist-enabled": false, once done this you can connect with a web browser to http://your-ip-or-dyndns:55555/transmission/web/ or using a client like transmission remote gui https://code.google.com/p/transmisson-remote-gui/
Message 336 of 1,478
Bharat_singh
Aspirant

i have the same setting except the "rpc-whitelist-enabled": true, does this make any difference? Ican access my transmission web gui and remote gui at http://*****.no-ip.org whenon same network but on any other network i am not able to connect to transmission client.
Message 337 of 1,478
Malpd
Aspirant

yes that setting is exactly the problem change it to false whitelist = only the ip in the whitelist can connect to it and the setting above it indicates wich are those ip (in your case only lan) so you either add your ip (if you have static ip on your remote machine) to the list or deactive the list (most of the cases)
Message 338 of 1,478
Bharat_singh
Aspirant

thanks its working now. I am able to reach transmission cient now after setting "rpc-whitelist-enabled": false,. thanks for all your great help.
Message 339 of 1,478
alasdairc
Aspirant

Hi richud,

thanks for the great work creating this custom firmware. I've been inspired to contemplate adding support for some programs, including compiling Perl for the DGND3700.

Would you be willing to place your current build scripts / patches in a VCS such as git or mercurial? The most up to date archive (DGND3700_10121522_A_D.BUILD.tar.gz) has some typos compared to the list of source packages. I am fixing these locally, but I think it's good to have the correct build somewhere online for everyone.
Message 340 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

alasdairc: cheers - I have been rather lapse in keeping source up to date recently, I will update it this week, hopefully in next few days, a lot has changed.

And yes I should really put it on git or such, will look into that too, something I need to learn more about.
Message 341 of 1,478
alasdairc
Aspirant

thanks I look forward to seeing them. Putting them in git would be wonderful, but no rush. It is a helluva lot easier to learn these days though 🙂 Github would be a good choice for hosting. I have perl running and am working on including get_iplayer, Fhem, and even possibly an old version of squeezeboxserver (though I'm thinking low memory will be an issue here).
Message 342 of 1,478
Buzzsaw
Aspirant

Hi richud,

Thanks for the great work on this firmware!

I have one question/feature request?
Is it possible to increase the limit on the number of ports forwarded?

20 appears to be the limit and my PS3 is using up 12 of those which has meant culling the number of them in the past. If it's possible either through the gui or through sshing into the router it'd be brilliant.

Thanks again for the firware and any help on this would be great,
Buzzsaw.
Message 343 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

buzzsaw: I think it is probably a hard limit from 'acos', but if you ssh in you may be able to add more, suggest having a play with this,
http://www.richud.com/wiki/DGND3700_V1_Transmission_Firmware_Foxconn_CLI

- can you not enable upnp on the ps3 so it just maps the ports it needs as it goes? I would also suggest you may find it easier using a upnp GUI type of program to quickly add/remove forwarding rather than using the web gui for the router. Perhaps something like this http://sourceforge.net/projects/upnp-portmapper/
Message 344 of 1,478
objecttothis
Novice

Can't flash this firmware

Can someone help me figure this out? I'm not new to tech, but I am not familiar with Linux. Here's the situation:

I have a DGND3700v1 with the North America v17 of the netgear firmware and I cannot flash this firmware.

Here's what I have done:
- Search exhaustively for an answer that someone has already posted.
- Factory reset the router
- Formatted a USB memory stick into ext3 and created a folder called transmissionbt in the root of that drive.
- Turned off the router and inserted the USB thumb drive then turned the router back on.
- Turned off firewall and antivirus and connected my computer to the modem via cable.
- Tried flashing the newest version of the firmware DGND3700_2014-01-20_A_D.chk through the router's gui.
- When that didn't work, I tried several different versions on his site and finally just to see if anything would flash I reflashed the stock firmware which worked fine.
- I also tried formatting the USB thumb drive in NTFS. The only difference is that the web gui recognizes the NTFS formatted thumb drive but did not recognize the EXT3 formatted drive.

I'm running Window 8.1 and do not have access to a linux system.

Every single time it starts the upload then gives a page cannot be displayed error. I can't seem to get anything else.

Should I be flashing this via telnet? If so, can someone point me to a step-by-step for how to do that?
Message 345 of 1,478
w3wilkes
Prodigy

All Richud's firmware has flashed just fine for me from Win7. Wonder if it might be a issue with Win8's IE11? Are you trying from the desktop IE11 version or the Metro version? You could also give Chrome a shot from the desktop.
Message 346 of 1,478
Malpd
Aspirant

Re: Can't flash this firmware

The usb stick is only needed for transmission not to flash the firmware it should work even without.

are you storing the firmware file on the usb or on the pc during the flash ?

are you sure you have a v1 and not a v2 ??

all the releases worked fine for me flashing from a w7 pc
Message 347 of 1,478
objecttothis
Novice

OK, update.
- I had tried it in both Firefox and IE (desktop) with similar errors.
- I was able to flash OpenWRT attitude adjustment using the netgear GUI
- From the OpenWRT interface my internet still works fine since I'm using this as just a router (fiberoptic).
- The OpenWRT firmware flash gui would not accept the firmware update because it says it requires an OpenWRT firmware flash file.
- I was able to use putty to get into the router after flashing openwrt.
- I downloaded the latest firmware (DGND3700_2014-02-14_A_D.chk) using wget and that is now on the router.

I think I'm almost there but I am in uncharted territory with flashing from the command line in putty. Can someone give me step-by-step to do that?
Message 348 of 1,478
objecttothis
Novice

Sorry, it won't let me edit my post. It is indeed a v1. Chipsets are all the same as the V1. The only thing that I could see that was different is that the serial number starts 2GF, but I looked up the FCC ID and it is indeed a v1
Message 349 of 1,478
objecttothis
Novice

Fixed it. After doing a metric crap-ton of research here's how I fixed it. Relatively straight forward but scary as all getout

- putty'd into the device
- typed: mtd erase linux
- after the confirmation I waited a few minutes
- the lights were off on the router except a solid red power light
- power cycl'd the router (power light blinks red steadily.
- opened a command prompt, navigated to the directory of my firmware and typed
tftp -i 192.168.1.1 fw.chk (fw.chk is what I renamed the latest custom firmware for simplicity)
- after the confirmation it did the installation of the firmware automatically after about 5 minutes.
- switched back to DHCP on my Windows 8 box and was able to login to the custom firmware as hoped!

Now I'm off to go change my shorts.
Message 350 of 1,478
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7