Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New firmware with built in Torrent Client

Malpd
Aspirant

1. if you want it as modem only just disable the dhcp and use the one on the other router (but i cant see why you would do that)

2. You can set the path of where it downloads in the settings file but not sure if you can point it elswhere but again i realy dont see the point in doing this, if you have to keep your pc on just run torrent on that,one of the good things about this is so you can download without keeping the pc on, you should just get a cheap usb HDD.
Message 451 of 1,478
Gil80
Apprentice

I want to do that, since I already own the R7000 router. I don't want to have the DGND3700 DHCP on and firewall working because it means I have to set firewall rules twice.

Disabling DHCP won't allow me to connect to the DGND3700 so I can't see how it works.
Message 452 of 1,478
jjsmith72
Tutor

DGND7300 V1 sky firbe help

Hi All,

I have been trying to get my DGND3700 V1 to work with sky fibre directly though the phone socket to dsl port. I've been using richud latest custom firmware that will work with mer. richud asked me to test this out to see if it works, I've put all the basic setting in the router plus hex string user/password to go into DHCP Client Extra Options, The router should now work with sky fibre without the need of my BTO or Sky router but nothing happens i:e no ip address/subnet musk/getway ip address. richud said everything is there as it should be for it to work. if any one has a solution to get this working that would be great as richud said he could help any futher.

thanks in advance
Message 453 of 1,478
Gil80
Apprentice

how can I access /media/ext3/transmissionbt/Downloads from my local machine (Win81.)

The DGND3700 is connected to my R7000 router.
Message 454 of 1,478
Malpd
Aspirant

you should see the directory in the file explorer under networks

for example i have it under

\\READYSHARE\nameigavemyHD\transmissionbt\
Message 455 of 1,478
Gil80
Apprentice

I can only see devices that are connected my R7000.
The modem doesn't show any USB share options
Message 456 of 1,478
Malpd
Aspirant

how is your setup ?

1) dsl---r700---dndg--pc

or

2) dsl---dndg---r700--pc ?

in the first case i dont think you should have a problem, in the second case the r700 should be in bridge and you should use the dngd dhcp (this out the top of my head not really sure)

or you could try a network discovery tool (Nmap should work) and try to find the usb share
Message 457 of 1,478
Gil80
Apprentice

My setup is:

Phone Socket -> DGND3700 -> R7000 -> PC

still can't make it work
Message 458 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

Suggest you ditch the R7000 until you have everything else working, sounds like the R7000 setup is your problem. Just out of interest, what is the R7000 doing, is it just for better wireless coverage?
Message 459 of 1,478
Gil80
Apprentice

Hi @Richud

I got it working now. I simply didn't know the path to access the ext3 partition from windows.

The reason I got the R7000 is WiFi coverage, beamforming and other nifty features which I guess don't really come into play as I thought they would.

I also used a regular ADSL2+ modem which gave me 'DNS Server is unresponsive error' every 24 hours, or it might be the upgrade to Win81.

At the end I saw the tweaked firmware you released and I thought it might feature Bridge only mode for the DGND3700 and thus save me the trouble of having double firewall and double DHCP.

Lastly, the reason I'm sticking with the DGND3700 is thanks to it's built in torrent and ability to switch on Annex M which my soon to be ISP supports. But I disabled it's WiFi since the R7000 is the WiFi router.

This setup is not ideal but I never thought I'll have hard time with the simple ADSL2+ modem (Netgear DM111pV2).
Message 460 of 1,478
linksys
Aspirant

Hi richud. I would like to say your firmware is the best it's made my dgnd3700 v1 more stable than it has ever been netgear never got it right but you have keep up the great work thanks heaps.
Message 461 of 1,478
Gil80
Apprentice

What happened to the USB settings menu?

I can't see the HDD I connected to the modem.
Message 462 of 1,478
MikeMCS
Aspirant

Im looking for some help to try de-bricking my dgnd3700v1 router.
I thought i'd give the openwrt firmware a try, which is great, except it onlt supports WEP on the 2.4ghz channel. I'm trying to revert back to the richud firmware, but without success.

I have followed Richd's de-brick tutorial using tftp via ethernet and it failed.
I have tried using a serial cable onto the pin header but the keyboard wont work to stop loading the default image.
I have tried using three cables, including an ftdi cable.
the info scrolls up the console window in putty, kitty, etc but i cant stop it.

Any body help?
Please
Message 463 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

@Mike, is the bootloader/CFE still the default one or has openWRT flashing replaced it?
Does the TX line send anything keyboard input after it has booted?
Message 464 of 1,478
MikeMCS
Aspirant

I assume it's added it's own bootloader, but not sure. I followed the instructions from the openwrt website. The keyboard still fails to work even once the default image has finished loading. I've tried various fixes from the putty website and it appears to be a common fault via Google. Ta
Message 465 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

@mike: does the bootloader bit look the same as on my web page? Suggest you boot from Ubuntu or equivalent liveCD and use a terminal in that to rule most things out. Is you TX line definitely wired right? R
Message 466 of 1,478
MikeMCS
Aspirant

I assume it's added it's own bootloader, but not sure. I followed the instructions from the openwrt website. The keyboard still fails to work even once the default image has finished loading. I've tried various fixes from the putty website and it appears to be a common fault via Google. Ta
Message 467 of 1,478
MikeMCS
Aspirant

I'll give the Ubuntu option a try.
I followed the instructions from your de-brick help page.
I had to swap the tx/rx when I used the ftdi lead
Mike
Message 468 of 1,478
MikeMCS
Aspirant

@Richud I'm a fool!
My pin header was fitted to all the pins on the front row, and I thought my pin1 was the same as your pin1. Wrong!
I connected the Tx leg to the correct pin and i'm into the CFE straight away!
Thanks for the help Richud!

My router is back on your firmware!!

Thanks, Mike
Message 469 of 1,478
KorII
Aspirant

Hi 😄 i'm in trouble with my 3700v1...It its offline from two days becouse my ISP needed another modem to switch between adsl and fttc. Today i've decided to use the poor isp modem router as a modem and the 3700v1 as router. The problem is, i've turned it on and the firmware is the stock netgear and also it won't lel me upgrade with any richud build...:eek::eek:
Message 470 of 1,478
KorII
Aspirant

UPDATE: trying to set the 3700v1 ar a router with the normal firmware i have changed a settings on the adsl page, after it applyed the new settings, the router started to reboot continuously...need help lol, I'm a bit "scared" becouse i love this router and i dont know what can be better of a 3700v1+richud firmware...:mad::confused::eek:
Message 471 of 1,478
paulmcg
Aspirant

I have a similar setup, and have found it only works reliably if the R7000 is used as an AP only, wired from a DGND3700 LAN port, no USB, no wired LAN on the R7000. I'm also able to still use the wireless on the DGND3700, I just have to make sure to manually set the wireless channels so there is no conflict.
There seems to be a LOT of issues with the R7000, I spent a lot of time getting it right, maybe future firmware will make it more stable. I really miss telnet/ssh access in this router, but maybe someone will figure it out. There is pretty good DD-WRT firmware for the R7000, but I don't really have the time to play with it.
Message 472 of 1,478
paulmcg
Aspirant

I was trying to add some new crontab commands through the cron scheduler page, and it does not seem to put them into the crontab correctly.
What I was adding was a way to turn off adsl completely between 11 PM and 6 AM, (just because).

0 23 * * * /bin/adslctl stop
0 6 * * * /bin/adslctl start --up --snr 50

came out as:
~ # crontab -l

0 23 * * * /bin/adslctl stop
0 6 * * * /bin/adslctl start --u

I ended up doing it with crontab -e and it does it correctly. Has anyone else noticed this with the crontab scheduler page?
Message 473 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

@mikemcs 🙂

@korII : not sure how setting adsl parameter could do that but the reset button on the router should reset nvram - and you can always debrick if all else fails.

@paulmcg: that looks like a bug I shall fix, thanks for discovery!
I suggest you use this instead, which will use the current adsl settings.
adslctl start $(param get adsl_value)
Message 474 of 1,478
KorII
Aspirant

Thanks for the answer 😄 i've tryed so many times with the button in the downside, no results... 😞 Can someone help me to debrick with your guide? becouse a v1 is very hard to find today and i dont want to fail haha :D:D
Message 475 of 1,478
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7