Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New firmware with built in Torrent Client

GForce007
Aspirant

Also, when you change xDSL settings it remains the default when you refresh the page. Seems the web page doesn't show the up to date settings, however the settings are configured properly when you Apply and Apply + Commit to the router.
Message 776 of 1,478
rameses
Aspirant

Hi Richud, following your advice, I've installed the newest beta version and have now managed to get dynamicDNS working. It appears that as well as my email address I have a totally separate user name with DynDNS and that's what was needed in the settings. It's a bit confusing as my old router works perfectly fine with the email address.

Anyway sorted now so all good. 🙂

One issue I am having with the beta is the black help bar along the bottom of the screen partly obscures some of the options in the drop downs for some of the advanced settings. Is there a way to hide/move/disable this?

Thanks
Message 777 of 1,478
coolchrisyorks
Aspirant

Is there a .chk file for the may beta knocking around at all please? Thanks.
Message 778 of 1,478
w3wilkes
Prodigy

coolchrisyorks wrote:
Is there a .chk file for the may beta knocking around at all please? Thanks.

You can find a link back a ways in this thread.
Message 779 of 1,478
Deathstar
Aspirant

Guys,

I require some advise, I have just installed a YouView IPTV box however I cannot get the streamed content.

Essentually I think its a multicast issue, however when I try an enable IGMP I get the following error.

There must be at least 2 Vif's where one is upstream.

Do you know what the issue maybe?

Cheers
Message 780 of 1,478
objecttothis
Novice

Richud, thanks for your work on it. I haven't seen the new beta and would love to test it if you're looking for more testers. In response to your request for what features we are wanting, I don't if this is already in there, but it would be great if in addition to port forwarding, this router could do port translation. In other words port forwarding but forwarding to a port other than the incoming port. This is something dd-wrt does and it's beautiful in instances where I have more than one device that has http on port 80. For example two web servers in which I want port 80 on one to forward to server 1 but port 81 I want to forward to the other webserver but on port 80 hence port translation.
Message 781 of 1,478
GForce007
Aspirant

Personally I wouldn't try the beta until Richud fixes up the GUI, some of the pages don't update with your configuration, however funny enough the router runs fine after you apply the updated configuration. Also theres a fun glitch when you update to the latest and go back to the February release, your GUI turns German.
Message 782 of 1,478
Aircomms
Aspirant

Yep, my German has got a bit since this happened.
Message 783 of 1,478
w3wilkes
Prodigy

If you go back in this thread a week or two I put in instructions for how to get back to English.
Message 784 of 1,478
GForce007
Aspirant

Aircomms wrote:
Yep, my German has got a bit since this happened.

Method I used to revert back to English:

Flashed DGND3700-V1.0.0.12_1.0.12.chk
Set up internet & set language to Deutsch from English
Restored defaults
Flashed DGND3700-V1.0.0.17_1.0.17.chk
(At this stage it already went back to English)

Flashed Richud February Release and all good to go!
Message 785 of 1,478
WizP
Aspirant

Ok, I've now been running the Beta since it was released. I can say it's very stable and reliable and there's been some great improvements for me. The biggest is that previously on all firmware the wifi on any device would only connect at 150Mbps but now I'm getting the full 300Mbps on everything! And there is a marked improvement in all Wifi related through put.

I love the new interface and apart from the known none functioning gui's it's works well.

I've one small issue with restarts (Due to my dodgy electric supply) when the electric goes off and the 2.4Ghz wifi radio turns off. The 5GHz is fine.

How are things progressing Richud?
Message 786 of 1,478
paulmcg
Aspirant

DGND3700v1 running flawlessly on DGND3700_2015-02-08_A_D.chk for several months now, prior to that have been running Richuds firmware from the start without issues.
Suddenly I lose DHCP addresses on every device in my network, NAS, phones, printers, kindle, media devices, etc. Checked on the router and DNS was not working, couldn't do dnslookup, /etc/resolv.conf was showing only 127.0.0.1, couldn't get time, etc. A reboot didn't fix it either.
Went back to DGND3700_2015-01-14_A_D.chk, no change.
Went back to stock DGND3700-V1.0.0.17_1.0.17.chk and everything is good now, apart from the fact I have no telnet, no additional dns servers, and cannot use noip.com for dyndns.

Not sure what to do now, maybe try a 2014 version of richuds fw?
Message 787 of 1,478
w3wilkes
Prodigy

@paulmcg, I'm also running the 02-08 version with no trouble. Have you tried reloading the 02-08 version of Richud's firmware? I'd be curious to know if reloading the firmware corrects the problem. May be faulty firmware memory.
Message 788 of 1,478
paulmcg
Aspirant

Hey @w3wilkes, yeah, I've gone back to 02_08 since, also to 01_14, in both cases I end up with no dns/ntp/dhcp. I'm on stock V1.0.0.17_1.0.17 now, at least up and running.

I did briefly try the 2015-05-09_D about a month ago, but it couldn't sync ADSL so I went back to 02_08, and all was OK till yesterday. I re-enabled telnet and noticed that there is a lot of extra stuff in nvram from the last couple of builds. I wonder if there is a way to strip this back to the standard params, maybe there is some leftover junk from all the fw changes.

There doesn't seem to be a param delete or remove option in std fw. Was there a way to do that in richuds? Maybe I could go to an early version, do a cleanup, and see if that works? I have most versions all the way back to 2014-03-15_A_D. e.g.

DGND3700-V1.0.0.17_1.0.17.chk
DGND3700_2014-04-25_A_D.chk
DGND3700_2014-05-29_A_D.chk
DGND3700_2014-09-29_A_D.chk
DGND3700_2014-10-26_A_D.chk
DGND3700_2015-02-08_A_D.chk
DGND3700_2014-03-15_A_D.chk
DGND3700_2014-05-26_A_D.chk
DGND3700_2014-09-28_A_D.chk
DGND3700_2014-10-17_A_D.chk
DGND3700_2015-01-14_A_D.chk
DGND3700_2015-05-09_D.chk
Message 789 of 1,478
w3wilkes
Prodigy

In Richud's firmware there is an "Erase" function in the "Backup Settings" section under "Maintenance" (this may be there in the stock firmware, but I can't remember). There's also the old fashioned way with a paper clip in the reset hole to factory reset the router. It's something like press and hold for 30 seconds or something like that.
Message 790 of 1,478
paulmcg
Aspirant

I did try factory reset, but it only cleared out some of the junk. In std fw I cleared a few params, e.g.
~ # param unset dnsmasq_xdns1 save
~ # param unset dnsmasq_xdns2 save
~ # param unset dnsmasq_custom_options save
~ # param unset dnsmasq_state save
~ # param unset dmsq_dhcp-leasefile save
~ # param unset dmsq_conf-file save
~ # param unset dmsq_addn-hosts save

Going back to 02_08 I now have DHCP working OK, but still an issue with DNS even though my resolv.conf looks OK. Even the busybox nslookup will not resolve using the server option, e.g.
~ # nslookup www.theage.com.au 8.8.8.8
Server: 8.8.8.8
Address 1: 8.8.8.8

nslookup: can't resolve 'www.theage.com.au'
Message 791 of 1,478
paulmcg
Aspirant

After a couple of factory resets, I am now back on 02_08, with all network services disabled apart from cron, ssh, dyndns and telnet. Nslookup is still failing using the option in Diagnostics, but is OK on command line. I'm having to run the ntp manually after everything connects, otherwise dns lookup for pool.ntp.org fails, something to do with the timings. It takes about 1 minute to sync from boot and another till I get an IP address with ppp.
Message 792 of 1,478
richud
Apprentice

hi, sorry have purposely taken time away as it took over my life for several months and needed a break!

Paul: the latest one should be BETA / 2015-05-21_3.0.16 , there were dns problems with ones much older than that - sounds like that is what you are using?
Message 793 of 1,478
GForce007
Aspirant

My router has crashed 3-4 times since updating to your latest. Connection drops out, when i login to web it doesn't respond and everything stops working until I manually reboot it.
Message 794 of 1,478
GForce007
Aspirant

How goes the project Richud?
Message 795 of 1,478
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Other than by knowing the subject of this thread and doing a search, how would this topic be found? If I go through any of the catagories under "DSL Modems & Routers" tis subject does not show up. There is a wealth of information in this thread far beyond what Netgear provides for the device this firmware is for. This thread should somehow be pinned so that this invaluable information will not be lost.

Message 796 of 1,478
stick50jr
Aspirant

Yeah, took me a while to re-discover this thread.  However, after changing the 'filter' 'date range' settings to 'all' and then 'sort by' setting to 'most replies', it now appears as the first topic of  'All Communities / Home Networking / DSL Modems & Routers'

Message 797 of 1,478
Sartek
Aspirant

It seems there has been openwrt support for the DGND3700 v1 and DGND3800B for around 5 months.

More info here: http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/netgear/dgnd3700

Message 798 of 1,478
Buckchoi
Guide

@richud Firmware version 3.0.0.22 is out.

Message 799 of 1,478
paulmcg
Aspirant

Do you have any more details on 3.0.0.22, a download link, etc. ?

Message 800 of 1,478
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series