Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: setup openvpn client access for dgnd 3700

mrdash
Aspirant

setup openvpn client access for dgnd 3700

I am using a dgnd3700 v2 modem router with firmware v1.1.00.15_1.00.15 installed on it.

My operating system is 8.1. I have installed bolehvpn open vpn client on my system .But as soon as the client connects to vpn server the internet access gets blocked but interestingly at the networking sharing center it shows that both my wifi connection and tap windows adapter created connection have internet connection and also the ping result shows positive results.

I was going through the knowledge base article given @
http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23854
and this is exactly what i want to install

But in dgnd3700 there is no "vpn service" menu under "advanced setup" instead there is a vpn policies menu and there is no enable "vpn service" option. setting up the vpn policy is quite confusing.
so if anyone intends to come forward. it will be great. thanks
Message 1 of 5
mrdash
Aspirant

* operating system is windows 8.1
Message 2 of 5
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

URL you are looking at is for R7000 and believe OPENVPN is supported ONLY on R7000

You are looking wrong docs.

If you install some VPN server on your PC then proper ports may need to be opened
Message 3 of 5
Shiki
Aspirant

Hi.

I think i have the same problem.

I've subscribe to a vpn provider and when i try to connect to this provider with openvpn protocol i can't get an access to internet.

It's the same with the l2tp protocol, impossible to establish an internet connection !

But when i try with the pptp protocol there is no problem to connect to my vpn provider, but i don't want to use it for security reason.

Did i miss something ?

I don't understand why i can't connect to my vpn provider with openvpn or l2tp protocol with my dgnd3700 v2 (lastest firmware)

My old device did not show this kind of problem !!
Message 4 of 5
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

I might be bug in VPN Passthrough.

Contact support about the issues using portal at my.netgear.com
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements