Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7000 Nighthawk - Connected to SKY Broadband - Constantly needs rebooting

jonbbrooks
Follower

D7000 Nighthawk - Connected to SKY Broadband - Constantly needs rebooting

I have recently setup my D7000 as a replacement for my exisitng SR102 Sky Hub to imporve the Wifi speeds.

I have set it up two different ways but have the same symptoms with each.

The two ways I have tried is using the D7000 only and configuring the Internet setup using the extracted username and password for my SKY connection, and then using the SKY hub as a modem only and creating a DMZ with the D7000 attached via the internet port.

In both instances I have managed to sucessfully connect to the braodband and have an excellent download speed (much improved from the SR102 only).

The problem I am getting is that after a few hours the broadband connection gets lost.

A simple reboot of the D7000 will solve the problem but I cant see anything in the logs that help me dicifer why it keeps dropping out.

It is hit and miss whether I can connect to the D7000 Wifi connection first - sometimes I cannot do that until after  areboot either.

Thanks.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: D7000 Nighthawk - Connected to SKY Broadband - Constantly needs rebooting

You could try to adjust the MTU see if that helps.

https://kb.netgear.com/19863/Ping-Test-to-determine-Optimal-MTU-Size-on-Router

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
Imnewhere2017
Aspirant

i have just signed up to this community, and i have just bught the d7000 this weekend gone.I was wndering if you could  help me to connect to my new modem/router.im with sky (england)my sky connection uses a sr102 box thats my present modem or router, which is wireless.

incidently i had a long conversation with sky on the phone, and i was ripping my hair out with him... as he said they dont have the information i asked them for.that info was the sky sr102 (hub modem ruters ) mac address, which has my sky user name and password, which enables me to connect to sky. ( or get to the internet)so sky refused to give me it.i visited yutube and saw a video, i was able to extract my username password info from my mac address using a generatore of some kind.

i tried using it in the genie ie cloning the mac address during the installation of internet.but hey presto NO DICEplease can you tell me how you did it.oh i did try to use wireshark...but its too complicated.i used another generator it worked.so now i want to get the internet going on my new d7000ive tired the genie stuff etc and no dice its not having it.

could you post me the steps please.

im getting somewhat confused with the user name password things

i dont use a name or password when i go onto the internet.

i just log onto my laptop/ connect to skyXXXX, which is in the task bar/ and im connected.

thxs for reading help wpould be appreciated m8te

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 3 of 4

@Imnewhere2017 wrote:

i have just signed up to this community, and i have just bught the d7000 this weekend gone.I was wndering if you could  help me to connect to my new modem/router.im with sky (england)my sky connection uses a sr102 box thats my present modem or router, which is wireless.

You have just joined in on an existing conversation that may or may not have anything to do with your problems.

There is a good chance that the official support team is busily monitoring new conversations and may miss your addition to this one. If you want help with your problem, it helps to check all previous stuff that may be related, but then you should start your own discussion. In this was you can also provide your own version of the information that the forum suggests that you provide.

As you have already started another discussion:

d7000 nighthawk cannot connect to internet isp is ... - NETGEAR Communities

It is probably best left to that rather than persevering with this one or the other one you have tagged on to the end of:

Re: D7000 DHCP option 60 and 61 missing - NETGEAR Communities

As Sky goes out of its way to make it hard to use third party hardware, you might also want to try a broader web search.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7