Antworten

Lost all data in Share

Todiet
Aspirant

Lost all data in Share

Hi,

I have an issue with my readyNAS. I had a share on there that held a lot of data. Then I restarted the NAS and now it seems that all data from one share is gone. There are several shares on the NAS, "Video", "Photos", etc. The contents for most shares still seems to be in place (but I am not a 100% sure on that, didnt had time to check all files and folders). However the content of the "Video" share has disappeard. Before restarting the NAS was almost full, 1,8 TB used from 2, now it shows only 350GB are used.

I did change the DNS configuration of the NAS before restarting but I would say there shouldnt be a connection.

What might have played into this is that one of the drives, I have both drives configured as one mirrored volume, had failed a while ago, after restarting the drive shows as "Available and Online" again. 

But the NAS sould be clever enough to restore the vlume then or?`It was a mirrored volume so once the other drives comes back on it shouldnt delete data...

What can I do to get this fixed? Is there hope? 🙂

Thanks!

Nachricht 1 von 3
Todiet
Aspirant

Betreff: Lost all data in Share

Update:

found that the source was the failed drive.

Seems that when the system restarted and the drive started responding again the system against rebuilding the RAID correcly it would revert back to some default settings. (Found some log that said somethign like this, and when I removed drive from the NAS physically the files seem to be back.)

Now question becomes, will this always happen? How do I set the "Master" drive that will be used to rebuild the array when new drive is added?

Thanks!

Nachricht 2 von 3
Slas
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Betreff: Lost all data in Share

Hallo @Todiet

und willkommen in der NETGEAR Community.

In einem X-RAID/ RAID 1 Volume sind die Daten gleich auf beiden Festplatten verbreitet (gespiegelt), so dass wenn eine von den Festplatten ausfällt, werden die Daten nicht verloren gehen, Wenn eine Festplatte stark beschädigt ist oder sehr viele Fehler hat, dann kann es zu einem Fehlverhalten auf der NAS kommen. Solches Verhalten kommt aber sehr selten vor und kann durch Überwachung der Readynas Logs und rechtzeitiges austauschen der fehlerhaften Festplatte verhindert werden.

Grüße

Slas

NETGEAR Community Team

Nachricht 3 von 3
Diskussionsstatistiken
  • 2 Antworten
  • 1780 Aufrufe
  • 0 Kudos
  • 2 in Unterhaltung