× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

[R6080] attempting to change "Internet Settings" gives 403 error

dont-buy-ntgear
Follower

[R6080] attempting to change "Internet Settings" gives 403 error

Hi! 
I've been having connectivity issues with a new laptop. Its DNS resolution is **bleep**ed. Can't find most names. I took it to someone else's house and it works just fine there! I've spent months thinking I **bleep**ed up something in my Arch install....... But after testing it on someone else's network, I decided to inspect the router.

So I decided to go into my router control panel and see if there was anything I could do to fix it. Figured I should try to set manual DNS addresses whatever... See if I can disable the router's behavior of acting as a caching name server (lol i cant) And then I get a 403 error spit back in my face. Tried rebooting it, installed V1.0.0.52 firmware. Doesn't work.

Really? 

So I've ended up here thru googling my problem, and realize that it's a seemingly endemic issue with this piece of garbage brand. I've installed the latest firmware, tried the insane advice of "JuSt DiScOnNeCt YoUr MoDeM tO cHaNgE yOuR sEtTiNgS" and it didn't work.

And to add insult to injury, you have to PAY FOR SUPPORT FROM NETGEAR or rely on all of y'all who have been coerced into providing free tech support thru this forum (my condolences)

So, given that this is apparently an issue that has existed for several years and the developers have no intention of fixing, my question is this:

What do you think is the best way to take this router and fling it at ballistic speeds through a glass window?

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7