Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't log into genie

LorenzoAATE
Aspirant

Can't log into genie

Hi everyone, I'm new here and hope someone can help. I can't log in into the Genie APP because I don't have a password. It says the default password is "password", but it doesn't work. I've also tried using the WiFi password and my Netgear account's password, nothing. How do I log in?

Thanks,

Lorenzo

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: Can't log into genie

It's the same admin account password as configured on the router. As a D7000 does unlikely work straight away from the box (some basic config is required, e.g. DSL settings, carrier authentication, ...) I suspect that the default password was changed before.

This is the same password you use to login on the router Web interface e.g. when using routerlogin.net .

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies

@LorenzoAATE wrote:

Hi everyone, I'm new here and hope someone can help. I can't log in into the Genie APP

What are you doing when you try to login? And what do you mean by the genie app?

The genie could be one of several things, the browser interface, a Windows or Mac program for a PC, or a mobile Android/iThing app. Netgear labels them all as genies. Which are you using?

If you are trying to manage a modem/router, the best way in is with a browser and the graphical user interface.

If you cannot login to your router | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 2 of 5
LorenzoAATE
Aspirant

I try to log in, for example, to change the router settings and it asks me for a password I don't have and the suggested default "password" doesn't work.

This is the Genie APP I downloaded from Netgrear's website for Windows (7)

Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

It's the same admin account password as configured on the router. As a D7000 does unlikely work straight away from the box (some basic config is required, e.g. DSL settings, carrier authentication, ...) I suspect that the default password was changed before.

This is the same password you use to login on the router Web interface e.g. when using routerlogin.net .

Message 4 of 5
LorenzoAATE
Aspirant

Thanks man, didn't try old passwords before... I changed it the first time (months ago) and forgot it. Tried a couple of old passwords and it worked.

Thank again.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series