Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNDR3700v5 VoIP Connection Timeout

jonathany
Follower

WNDR3700v5 VoIP Connection Timeout

Hello,

I'm fairly new to networking, please let me know if/how I can provide more information if necessary.

Using the WNDR3700v5 netgear router with a AT&T uverse modem, I've been having issues with VoIP calls dropping after some time. Call status will say I'm still connected but no audio comes through. It varies between applications whether the other end can hear me, but I can never hear the other side.

In my research the closest possible solution seems to be adjusting the UDP/TCP connection timeout to be larger (I'm thinking perhaps certain periods of silence in my applications times the connection out). I've been searching for awhile how to do this but I can't find it. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Jon

Model: WNDR3700v5|N600 WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions

Re: WNDR3700v5 VoIP Connection Timeout

@jonathany wrote:

Using the WNDR3700v5 netgear router with a AT&T uverse modem

That's an ageing (first version released 2009) router and an unnamed modem.

You might get better and quicker replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

General WiFi Routers (Non-Nighthawk) - NETGEAR Communities

I doubt if whichever "genie" (the subject of this section) you are using will get you very far.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies

Re: WNDR3700v5 VoIP Connection Timeout

@jonathany wrote:

Using the WNDR3700v5 netgear router with a AT&T uverse modem

That's an ageing (first version released 2009) router and an unnamed modem.

You might get better and quicker replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

General WiFi Routers (Non-Nighthawk) - NETGEAR Communities

I doubt if whichever "genie" (the subject of this section) you are using will get you very far.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7