Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: genie installer/updater not windows 10 compatable

DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @YourKidding,

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 226 of 273
YourKidding
Tutor

Good Evening,

Thanks for the offer but I don't give out my phone number for any reason over the Internet.  I could give you all the information you 

need through the forum.  

Could but not needed any longer. We solved the problem.  After spending hours trying to solve the problem this past weekend.

Reset 2 machines and uncounted time looking through settings the  answer was simple.  

My husband went out and purchased a new router. Very nice and with USB ports that we can share files without opening

our computers up to others who always seemed to find a way through our NetGear security.

Good Luck with your quest to find the answer.

Message 227 of 273
YourKidding
Tutor

After hours of searching through settings to find a possible answer, resetting 2 computers and finely finding the issue

was not with us but NetGear it's self.  More time spent installing and installing the program and in general

a loss of sleep in an attenpt to fix the problem to fix this we finely found the answer. 

We purchased a new router. Very nice one with options ours just didn't have available. 

We found our answer, good luck finding yours.

Message 228 of 273
tomdaltonz
Star

I suggest Motorola.  Used it for years without issues like this...they also had competent tech support.

Message 229 of 273
spohly
Aspirant

I am having the exact same problem.  Spent 45 minutes on the phone with Netgear support only to hear that Net genie isn't supported with my model, even though it says so on the box, and the directions instruct me to download Netgenie.

What a mess.

I tried the workaround and it failed.  Surely this is a very basic problem that Netgear should have fixed- the conversations on this site go back to October/November.  Can  someone suggest anything outside of a brand new router?

Message 230 of 273
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi,

Can someone please give me a donwload link to a version that works!!!

Every time I open the program even in windows compatibility mode, it crashes.

Thanks

Message 231 of 273
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @aswerdlow1,

You may refer to the steps below instead.

1. Install the latest version of NETGEAR Genie. You may use the download link below.

http://netgear.com/home/discover/apps/genie.aspx

2. Once you have successfully installed the program, navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\NETGEAR Genie\bin
3. Delete the drivers folder.
4. Download the drivers for the previous version of NETGEAR Genie using the download link below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz-pjmQaYmk6Z0xTX3d3SVFLZ0k/view?usp=sharing

5. Unzip the file to your preferred location (Desktop would be easy to locate). It will contain the drivers folder.
6. Copy the drivers folder that you have just unzipped and navigate back to C:\Program Files (x86)\NETGEAR Genie\bin
7. Paste the drivers folder.
8. Relaunch the NETGEAR Genie program

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 232 of 273
hmanastasi
Aspirant

Still not working ... tried uninstalling and reinstalling ... not working

Message 233 of 273
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @hmanastasi,

May I know if you have tried the steps provided above? Also, please make sure you delete the drivers folder first instead of overwriting or pasting the contents only.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 234 of 273
mrekimf
Apprentice

Untitled.pngHI,

I am having the same problem, I am states away from home, and I am trying to access my Ready share. I have attatched a pic of what i am getting at sign in screen. It is not letting me select Remote, from drop sign in menu.

I have tried uninstalling several times, then reinstalling, deleting the driver folder and pasting in the one suggested here in the link.

I still get the same outcome.

I am having problems even using the android app. There is no good cell signal where I am at, so I am on wifi, and it wouldnt let me sign in either? So I uninstalled the android app, then reinstalled it, NOW it wont give me the option to sign in as remote! UGGG

Message 235 of 273
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @mrekimf,

The steps previously provided only apply if the NETGEAR Genie program does not open on any of your Windows 10 device/s.

1. Are you able to open the NETGEAR Genie program on your Windows 10 computer without any errors?

2. What version of NETGEAR Genie do you have installed on the computer?

3. Have you tried other device/s (iOS, another computer)?

4. Was it working before?

5. What is the model number and firmware version of your router?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 236 of 273
mrekimf
Apprentice

1- yes as pic shows I can open the program

2-Version 2.4.20

3-No, I am away from home and only have my laptop

4-It worked when at home on the "home" sign in. (when on the home wifi) cant get the drop down sign in menu to work(its grayed out), to sign in as "remote"

5-I have no way of finding out, not at home. But I know as of last week I was current with latest firmware.

I uninstalled the android app on my phone, and reinstalled it. Now it wont give me the option screen to sign in as remote.

Back to the laptop, If I select the "router settings" it lets me select "remote settings" sign in, but when I enter the email and password, it acts like its trying to sign in(little circle thing keeps spinning) but never signs in?

Message 237 of 273
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @mrekimf,

Please try installing a previous version of the program and keep us posted on the results. You can use the download link below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz-pjmQaYmk6cE9ObTNyaEZCU0E/view?usp=sharing

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 238 of 273
mrekimf
Apprentice

Still no change.

I uninstalled the newer version, then restarted computer. Then installed the older version, as mentioned above.

Still no change, cant sign in.

Message 239 of 273
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @mrekimf,

1. Did you have the "Remote" sign in option on the NETGEAR Genie program/app when you were at home?

2. Was it working before?

3. If you are re-installing the program/app, you have to be connected to a NETGEAR router that supports remote login.

4. It is also important for us to know the model number and firmware version of the router to confirm if it supports remote login.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 240 of 273
roicarl
Aspirant

Firmware Version V1.0.0.60. Win10. Was working until I upgraded to the latest Genie. So did as Dexter proposed and deleted program using Win10 uninstall. Downloaded again from the Netgear site but when starting Genie get an error from Win10 saying Genie stopped working. What do you suggest now?

Model: WNDR4500v2|N900 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 241 of 273
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @roicarl,

You may follow these steps instead.

1. Install the latest version of NETGEAR Genie. You may use the download link below.

http://netgear.com/home/discover/apps/genie.aspx

2. Once you have successfully installed the program, navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\NETGEAR Genie\bin
3. Delete the drivers folder.
4. Download the drivers for the previous version of NETGEAR Genie using the download link below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz-pjmQaYmk6Z0xTX3d3SVFLZ0k/view?usp=sharing

5. Unzip the file to your preferred location (Desktop would be easy to locate). It will contain the drivers folder.
6. Copy the drivers folder that you have just unzipped and navigate back to C:\Program Files (x86)\NETGEAR Genie\bin
7. Paste the drivers folder.
8. Relaunch the NETGEAR Genie program

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 242 of 273
mrekimf
Apprentice

I have tried the above steps and nothing happened.

Anyway I am home now, and have chosen to reset router, which now as caused more problems.

I have started a post in "Troubleshooting" category.

Message 243 of 273
AlainS
Aspirant

Had this problem, This solution works for me.

Message 244 of 273
Art_Uro
Tutor

Hi Dexter, the solution of change the driver folder run. Today I updated whit this method from the 2.4.12 ver. to the 2.4.20.
Thanx. Only one question: When a new version will come, it will be obligated use this method?

Model: DGND3700|N600 WIRELESS DUAL BAND GIGABIT ADSL2+ MODEM ROUTER,WN3500RP|Universal Dual Band WiFi Extender
Message 245 of 273
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Art_Uro,

We currently do not have an ETA for the next update.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 246 of 273
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @AlainS,

Good to know that it works for you.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 247 of 273
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @mrekimf,

Can you please provide an update on the status of your concern?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 248 of 273
mrekimf
Apprentice

well I went and bought new router, nighthawk dst.
I cannot connect to it either by ethernet other wifi.
little caution symbol over my Internet connection icon in bottom of my windows 10 tray. I click troubleshoot and it comes up "some network protocols are missing". I do the fix problem, it says Fixed. so I reboot computer, and problem comes right back.
I have tried just about every so called solution I can find on google, but nothing works.
I may have to see what geek squad will charge to fix?
any suggestions, have you had this problem before?
Message 249 of 273
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @mrekimf,

Support for that specific unit will be provided by Geek Squad. I suggest you check with them and see if they can provide assistance with the initial setup procedure.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 250 of 273
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7