Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FVG318v2 loses WAN connection

bruskie
Aspirant

FVG318v2 loses WAN connection

Hi there,

I have installed a FVG318v2 firewall at one of my clients. Every few hours the firewall loses its WAN connection and I need to power down the unit and back on for it to come back online. I have requested a replacement unit which I installed yesterday and the same thing is happening. The firmware has been upgraded to the latest found on the Netgear site. Is this a common issue with this device?
I need to resolve this ASAP as I cannot have the client lose connection every few hours!
Thanks for the help.
Message 1 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: FVG318v2 loses WAN connection

What type of broadband,
How is set up between broasdband and fvs,
Message 2 of 4
bruskie
Aspirant

jmizoguchi wrote:
What type of broadband,
How is set up between broasdband and fvs,

firewall is internet facing. dsl broadband modem behind the firewall then a switch.
standard setup i have will all my my smaller clients and all of them work. its not a configuration, its a software issue on the firewall. i have been reading the posts on this site and people have been complaining about this unit for years and it seems there is still no fix. yet the unit is still for sale?
Message 3 of 4
bruskie
Aspirant

so i thought i would call support as i need an answer urgently. it sounds like everyone is aware of this problem, but alas, there is no fix for this. why is this unit still available and on the market. this is not a enterprise product! my cheap home router does better work at staying up!!
this does not reflect well on the service i offer my clients. specifically my current client with this rubbish of a firewall.
first thing monday morning i will pay a few $$ more and stick with a proper enterprise brand. until then, i will reboot the firewall every 8 hours.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements