Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FVS318G - How do I see what is currently accessing the router?

gnwjr
Aspirant

FVS318G - How do I see what is currently accessing the router?

The interface for my previous Netgear router had the capability to show what was currently accessing the router, but I can't find that function on my FVS318G.

Can anyone tell/instruct me on how to determine this? It is extremely helpful with troubleshooting the system.

Thanks...
Message 1 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: FVS318G - How do I see what is currently accessing the router?

Message 2 of 8
gnwjr
Aspirant

I don't think I was completely understood. The page you indicate shows the IP addresses and items that were added to the network and their respective assigned groups, regardless if they are online or not.

I am looking for the page (if it even exists) that shows what IP addresses are actually ONLINE and "conversing" with the router. For instance, I have PC1, PC2, Printer1, and Laptop1 as members of the network, but Laptop1 is NOT online. The page you recommend shows all four of those items on the network (assuming they were added via your page), but the page I am hoping exists shows only those items that are online, i.e., PC1, PC2, and Printer1.

Thoughts?

And again, thanks.
Message 3 of 8
gnwjr
Aspirant

I don't think I was completely understood. The page you indicate shows the IP addresses and items that were added to the network and their respective assigned groups, regardless if they are online or not.

I am looking for the page (if it even exists) that shows what IP addresses are actually ONLINE and "conversing" with the router. For instance, I have PC1, PC2, Printer1, and Laptop1 as members of the network, but Laptop1 is NOT online. The page you recommend shows all four of those items on the network (assuming they were added via your page), but the page I am hoping exists shows only those items that are online, i.e., PC1, PC2, and Printer1.

Thoughts?

And again, thanks.
Message 4 of 8
adit
Mentor

Which router were you using before?
Message 5 of 8
gnwjr
Aspirant

adit wrote:
Which router were you using before?

Unfortunately, I can't remember, it's been over a year. Aside from it being a Netgear, no clue...
Message 6 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

gnwjr wrote:
I

That is only place the would populate but sometime the list is may not accurate to say.
Message 7 of 8
adit
Mentor

gnwjr wrote:
Unfortunately, I can't remember, it's been over a year. Aside from it being a Netgear, no clue...
The only Netgear routers that have ever been able to do it are the new (last few years) UTM series. They require a paid subscription (1, 2, or 3 years). If you didn't have one of those routers then you are mistaken.
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements