Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FVS318G upgrade to 100mbps leased line but router won't work at that speed

PrintwellUK
Aspirant

FVS318G upgrade to 100mbps leased line but router won't work at that speed

Just had my leased line upgraded to 100mbps from 20mbps. But the FVS318g won't connect above 20mbps.

If I plug a laptop directly into the Cisco managed router provided by ISP I can get my 100mbps.

I've checked the LAN connection to FVS318g is 1gbps but how do I check or force the WAN port on the FVS318g to run at least 100mbps?

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Model: FVS318G|ProSafe Gigabit 8 Port VPN Firewall
Message 1 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Re: FVS318G upgrade to 100mbps leased line but router won't work at that speed

Message 2 of 5
PrintwellUK
Aspirant

Thanks Shumako, just noticed that post. Damn I have 2 of these devices and now need to replace them both.

What recommendations do people have?

It's a bit missleading when the blurb on the device says 10/100/1000 mbps auto sensing even on WAN port.

How would you know what your actually getting when you try to buy?

Thanks

Rob

Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Afraid, I would have preferred providing a better reply before. As an old crow, I can just suggest to check for the tech specs on such security appliances ref. pure firewall throughput, VPN throughput, ... - numbers can be far away from the naked interface numbers.

Netgear has (or does) launch the Insight Router BR500 - but afraid, no experience on my side yet. That's for now the only product in the footsteps of all these legacy routers for now. Not sure yet about the capabilities however, too. A little bit difficult to get my hands (and cryitical eyes) on new products these days.

Edit: What I was referring above - attached (intentionally not as an inline photo) you fond an example of a product comparison table showing different performance and capability numbers for security / VPN appliance (kindly borrowed form another vendor).

Message 4 of 5
SamirD
Prodigy

Even though they are end of life, the FVS318N can easily do 100Mbps WAN to LAN.  I have seen as high as 350Mbps on mine so far, and that's only because I don't have a gigabit line yet.  Surprising and reliable performance from this little guy for sure.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements