Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FVS318N, works for maybe a minute

shiekh
Guide

FVS318N, works for maybe a minute

I have an FVS318G running fine, but when an FVS318N (firmware 4.3.2-7) is put in its place, I can surf for maybe a minute, then the network is lost.
Message 1 of 11
RX
Luminary
Luminary

Re: FVS318N, works for maybe a minute

Try MAC Spoofing on the FVS318N.
Did you just recently updated the firmware to v4.3.2-7? If yes, did you factory reset it after updating the firmware?
Message 2 of 11
fordem
Mentor

You need to provide more detail. What do you mean when you say the "network is lost"? What network is lost? The WiFi network? The internet connection? I'm running an FVS318N with 4.3.2-7 and I would consider it as solid as a rock.
Message 3 of 11
shiekh
Guide

fordem wrote:
You need to provide more detail.

What do you mean when you say the "network is lost"?
What network is lost? The WiFi network? The internet connection?

I'm running an FVS318N with 4.3.2-7 and I would consider it as solid as a rock.

I can surf for a few minutes, then I can't. I tried all the reset tricks and one can still ping the unit, although one can no longer associate over Wi-Fi (times out)
Message 4 of 11
RX
Luminary
Luminary

@shiekh:

Perhaps the FVS318N you currently have needs to be replaced since you have already factory reset it and still same problem.
Message 5 of 11
shiekh
Guide

Sasword wrote:
@shiekh:

Perhaps the FVS318N you currently have needs to be replaced since you have already factory reset it and still same problem.

I also have an FVS318Gv2 that shows the exact same symptoms
Message 6 of 11
RX
Luminary
Luminary

shiekh wrote:
I also have an FVS318Gv2 that shows the exact same symptoms

Kinda strange that it occurred on 2 different firewalls, have you already contacted Netgear Support about this? http://support.netgear.com/general/contact/#tab-call
Message 7 of 11
shiekh
Guide

Even stranger

FVS318Gv1 no problem
FVS318Gv2 problem
FVS318N problem

then again, the last two share a common firmware base.

Yes, I have started a case with NetGear (the FVS318Gv1 and FVS318N were second hand, so had no support; the FVS318Gv2 is new, so I was able to open a case)
Message 8 of 11
shiekh
Guide

Sasword wrote:

Try MAC Spoofing on the FVS318N.

Sorry it took me so long to get back on this one

I took the the MAC address of the FVS318Gv1 which is always good and had the FVS318N spoof it; this did not help.
Message 9 of 11
RX
Luminary
Luminary

shiekh wrote:
I took the the MAC address of the FVS318Gv1 which is always good and had the FVS318N spoof it; this did not help.
Try this: 1. Connect a PC directly to your modem. Make sure that you can get online through the modem. 2. If you are able to go online through the modem, connect the modem to the WAN port of the FVS318N then connect the same PC to a LAN port of the FVS318N. 3. Go to Network Configuration>WAN Settings>Broadband ISP Settings then set the ff: a. Select Yes on "Does Your Internet Connection Require A Login?" b. Select PPPoE and "Keep Connected"ion the ISP Type section. c. Select Get Dynamically from ISP and Get Automatically from ISP on the IP Address and DNS Servers section respectively. d. Click Apply. 4. Still on the Broadband ISP Settings page, click on Advanced tab. 5. Select "Use this computer's MAC Address"on the Router's MAC Address section. 6. Click Apply. Note: Try the steps above on your FVS318Gv2 as well and check if it might help. Hope it helps 😄
Message 10 of 11
shiekh
Guide

Sorry about dragging this out, but I may have found the issue

http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=95187

"I am seeing the same issue (flood of IPv6 neighbor solicitations) with my Netgear FVS318Gv2 (firmware 4.3.2-7) connected to an ARRIS TM822G modem connected to the Comcast cable internet provider. I have contacted Netgear support and they are investigating this reported router behavior."

yes, I have am also on an ARRIS TM822G
Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements