Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FVS336G-300NAS DNS routing issue

Calmguy
Aspirant

FVS336G-300NAS DNS routing issue

I have just purchased a new FVS336G to replace my FVS318.

Everything works well on the old router, but when I install the new router with the same settings I consistently loose DNS resolution.

I have DHCP turned off on the router, my server handles DHCP

Here's what I've done to test my problem.

when using the WAN testing tools on the router both PING and Traceroute work every time all the time

However when I try both PING and Netstat from a command prompt I have problems resolving DNS.

I've narrowed it down to every time there is a DNS error, incorrect name, wrong address, ect, I completely lose DNS resolution.

If I flush the DNS cache and wait 2 minutes the router begins to resolve names again.

I tried Netgear help and all they changed was the MTU and this "seemed" to fix it at the time, however this was only because the router reset.

every time you make a change on a router setting, it works for a couple of minutes and then the router stops resolving again.

This appears to be DNS routing in the router.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
bodster
Aspirant

Re: FVS336G-300NAS DNS routing issue

I am having the exact same issue as this with a FVS336G.

DNS is perfect with the old router FVS318. I have setup the FVS336G identincal to the 318 and get dns errors and pages extemely slow to load.

Did you find a resolution to your problem or does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks for your time.

Message 2 of 4
Calmguy
Aspirant

I disabled "Block UDP flood" I could have played with the limit and achived a workable setting, but after disabling it completely I've had no problems the router has been a solid and steady workhorse since.

Message 3 of 4
bodster
Aspirant

Many thanks for the time to reply. I did find a comment on Amazon where somebody suggested exactly that. I disabled UDP flood and TCP flood and have had no problems since.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements