Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FVS336Gv2 - DMZ - Port Forwarding - Firewall Rules

khayon
Aspirant

FVS336Gv2 - DMZ - Port Forwarding - Firewall Rules

Good Afternoon all,

I recently got the FVS336Gv2 for my installation here but i have a few issues and I'm wondering if its bug based.

I can't seem to get my servers behind the router to connect directly to the Inbound internet; eg server x on port x not accessible from internet, even with rules put in place and triggers.

I thought perhaps i need to have a DMZ setup, so i did that, setup the dmz, auto dhcp etc and anything on the DMZ side can't even access the internet or internal devices... i figured this has to be a routing problem.. any suggestions?

I know these sound like noob questions but the only stupid question is the one that was never asked.

Cheers

Ross:cool:
Message 1 of 4
fordem
Mentor

Re: FVS336Gv2 - DMZ - Port Forwarding - Firewall Rules

You should be able to do what you're attempting with a simple port forward, and I would suggest DHCP reservations or preferably static addressing on your servers.
Message 2 of 4
RX
Luminary
Luminary

Hello khayon,

The modem that is connected to the WAN port of your FVS336Gv2, is it a modem-only device or a modem-router combo? If its a modem-router combo, it would be best that you set it in full-bridge mode so that the FVS336Gv2 will be set as the main router. Your WAN IP Address should be Public IP Address.

To make sure that the ports you have forwarded are open, access this link: http://www.subnetonline.com/pages/network-tools/online-port-scanner.php - it will detect automatically your WAN IP Address then you will just enter the port to scan then check the box and click "Scan Port." The port/s you have opened should result to "online/reachable."
Message 3 of 4
Nhellie
Virtuoso

Here's what you need to check if you have done it properly.

Scenario 1: Router behind a Gateway(modem-router combo)

ISP>Gateway(DMZ to IP of router ex. 192.168.1.x) >Router(Setup inbound firewall rules to IP of servers)>Servers

Scenario 2: Router behind a regular modem (public IP goes directly to router)

ISP>Gateway >Router(Setup inbound firewall rules to IP of servers)>Servers

Fordem's advise on DHCP reservation and/or static IP addressing is highly suggested.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements