Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

L2TP vpn UTM10 setting for Apple deivce

Teddi
Aspirant

L2TP vpn UTM10 setting for Apple deivce

I have a PROSECURE UTM10 (firmware: 3.6.2-4) running for years at works and it has a VPN service up and running. But since Apple is not supporting the PPTP/VPN  or raw L2TP connection under latest MacOS, now i have to switch the VPN serivce to L2TP for Apple devices. Is there any reference for setting up the UTM10 as well as Apple devices, e.g. how to setup those "RSA SecurID" or "Secret". Thanks

Message 1 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: L2TP vpn UTM10 setting for Apple deivce

Hi Teddi,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Let me share this old forum thread here and it might help.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Teddi,

I just want to follow-up.  Were you able to read and try the suggestions mentioned on the forum link I've provided?  Hope it helps.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 6
Teddi
Aspirant

Thanks DaneA. I am still working toward a solution. I've read through the old forum details, but without luck am still having an error massage from my Apple Device (e.g. iPad iOS 10).

Besically i've already completed the "VPN Policy" Section with "IKE Policies" which i've deicied to use Pre-Shared Key for IPSec/VPN services. In additon to that, under the VPN L2TP Server Section, the Autherication is set to MSCHAPv2. Am sure my Apple devices are working fine with L2TP over IPsec service as i've created another site wtih such service up and running on those apple devices.

Is there any further reference or video, which could show me how to build a L2TP over IPsec service on UTM10? thanks

Message 4 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Teddi,

I made a research online and only found the following articles below.  It is not about L2TP VPN, however you may find it useful in setting up VPN between your iOS device and UTM10.

How to Setup VPN with NETGEAR Firewall and iPhone / iPad

How to Configure UTM and Apple iPhone and iPad for IPSec VPN

Here is another article I found online about setting up ExpressVPN on iOS devices (L2TP):

How to manually setup ExpressVPN on iOS devices (L2TP)

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Teddi,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Were you able to access the articles I have provided and tried the indicated steps?  If yes, what are your observations?

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements