Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

License Key for Netgear ProSafe VPN Client Software

calinadams
Tutor

License Key for Netgear ProSafe VPN Client Software

Hi, we have a ProSafe Gigabit 8 Port Firewall FSV318Gv2, and I'm needing a license key for it. I tried to follow the link to buy one, but the link is broken (I'm assuming because it's an older model). It's been in use for several years at a remote location, and I'm needing to get into it, but I'm struggling to find a way/place to buy a license key for the software so I can get into it. Since the switch is at another location, I can't get to it to get a serial number or anything. Is there a way I can get a license key or anything for this to get the software working again?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 7
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: License Key for Netgear ProSafe VPN Client Software

@calinadams,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

May you be able to send me the serial number of your FVS318Gv2 so that we can check it on our system if there is a VPN client license key registered to it?

I'm looking forward to your private message.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 7
calinadams
Tutor

Hi John, I appreciate you getting back to me! As I stated in my post, the switch itself is actually at a different location that I am about 45 minutes away, and it's up in a tower that's not easily accessible. Is there any way to buy a license for the software itself and not have to have the serial number? There's no telling when I would be able to physically get to the switch to find any kind of serial number.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 7
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@calinadams,

Thank you for your response. VPN client software is for VPN firewall and not for a switch. You can access the GUI of the firewall and check the serial number from there. But if you are really pointing that the VPN client is for your switch, I'm not sure if we are on the same page.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 7
calinadams
Tutor

It is a ProSafe Gigabit 8 Port Firewall FSV318Gv2. I literally just need a license key to the Netgear VPN Client so I can access the GUI of the firewall. Since the download of the VPN Client comes with a 30 day free trial, I was able to access the firewall, so I know this is what I'm needing. Without the VPN Client to open the tunnel to allow me to access the firewall, then I can't manage it like I need to. I've attached a picture of the license key screen the software is asking for to show you what I am referring too. 

Message 5 of 7
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@calinadams,

I understand that you need the license in order for you to view the serial number of the firewall. But the problem is, each VPN firewall has a corresponding VPN license key. We cannot just provide you with any VPN license key if you already have installed one. Unless you can provide the serial number of the firewall so that we can verify it on our system if it has one. 

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 7
calinadams
Tutor

Hi John, I understand what you're saying now. I apologize. I was finally able to access the web GUI of the firewall. Is there a way to find a serial number in there?

Thanks

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements