Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear SSL VPN maximum limit on number of active tunnels has been reached on netgear vpn

tkershaw
Aspirant

Netgear SSL VPN maximum limit on number of active tunnels has been reached on netgear vpn

We have a working SSL VPN setup and has been for some time now. Is there any way to clear active tunnels from the admin without having to do a power off reset? I tried a software reset first but that did not clear the problem. Also, the geardomain admin has always been sluggish but now seems even slower than usual, I have to wait 8 or 10 seconds for a response any time I click.

Message 1 of 6
Dan_Z
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Netgear SSL VPN maximum limit on number of active tunnels has been reached on netgear vpn

Hello,
Welcome to the community!

To clear active tunnels,can go to VPN->Connection Status->SSL VPN Connection Status,click Disconnect button.

Thanks.

Message 2 of 6
tkershaw
Aspirant

Re: Netgear SSL VPN maximum limit on number of active tunnels has been reached on netgear vpn

Yes, I tried that but no connections were showing to disconnect. I did find out the user was not closing the VPN properly after his remote control session timed-out or concluded; so he was admonished & re-educated on that. A power-off cycle of the SRX5308 cleared the error and the slow response times - crude but effective - though not ideal during the day when internet & email are being used by the staff.

Message 3 of 6
Dan_Z
NETGEAR Expert

Hi tkershaw,
Thanks very much for your feedback.

I tried to do the case, but didn't see the issue.After click "Disconnect" button,the user record  will disappear.
How much users did you connect?

Thanks,

Dan

Message 4 of 6
tkershaw
Aspirant

Generally only one user logs in using SSL connection. He was not closing the tunnel properly; though the Netgear router should have timed-out and closed the tunnel unless he re-established a new tunnel right away... I had to power cycle the router to clear the improperly active tunnels that no-one was using.

Model: SRX5308|PROSAFE Gigabit Quad WAN SSL & IPSEC VPN Firewall
Message 5 of 6
Dan_Z
NETGEAR Expert

Hi tkershaw,
I tried it according to your description.If the ssl vpn timeout or do not closing the tunnel properly.
The ssl vpn user will disappear automation under SSL VPN Connection Status page.

Which brower do you use?Which version of SRX5308 do you use?

Thanks,

Dan

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements