Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SRX5308 - Firmware upgrade from 3.0.8-12 to v4.3.xx

obtim
Follower

SRX5308 - Firmware upgrade from 3.0.8-12 to v4.3.xx

Is there any way to upgrade from 3.0.8-12 to v4.3.xx with saving config? For example: backup 3.0.8-12 config and restore it after upgrading to 4.3.xx? Or I should manually tuning everything after upgrade?

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: SRX5308 - Firmware upgrade from 3.0.8-12 to v4.3.xx

Hi obtim,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I'm afraid to inform you that it is not really possible to restore the configuration file from a v3.0.8-12 firmware to a v4.3.3.x firmware.  You may just take screenshots of the settings on your SRX5308 while still on firmware v3.0.8-12 as a reference guide then reconfigure it from scratch after upgrading the firmware to v4.3.3.x.  Be reminded that it is recommended to perform a factory reset on the SRX5308 after upgrading the firmware.

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi obtim,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I'm afraid to inform you that it is not really possible to restore the configuration file from a v3.0.8-12 firmware to a v4.3.3.x firmware.  You may just take screenshots of the settings on your SRX5308 while still on firmware v3.0.8-12 as a reference guide then reconfigure it from scratch after upgrading the firmware to v4.3.3.x.  Be reminded that it is recommended to perform a factory reset on the SRX5308 after upgrading the firmware.

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi obtim,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information I’ve provided has helped resolve your concern or if you need further assistance.  If ever your concern has been resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements