Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

wan-to-lan speed for fvs336gv2

don_daniel
Tutor

wan-to-lan speed for fvs336gv2

hi all

i have a fvs336gv2 in the corner of my cave that I would like to reactive.. I am though irritated of some remarks i was rading in the net... like the favous lan-to-wan passthrough of only 60mbps??

so, my question... with a WAN access of 200mbps, can I use my firewall in a way that the 200mbps will be passed through to the LAN?? or is it really limited to 60mps? I could not understand that as this is a gigabit firewall with 1000mbps`?

thanks for you r help

Model: FVS336Gv2|PROSAFE DUAL WAN GIGABIT FIREWALL WITH SSL & IPSEC VPN
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: wan-to-lan speed for fvs336gv2

Hi don_daniel,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information I’ve provided has helped resolve your concern or if you need further assistance.  If ever your concern has been resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi don_daniel,

Yes, the LAN-to-WAN Throughput of the FVS336Gv2 is 60Mbps.  You may check on the data sheet here.

Since you are subscribed with a 200Mbps of connection, I recommend that you should use a firewall router that has a LAN-to-WAN Throughput that is greater than 200Mbps.  I suggest you either of the following below in replacement of your FVS336Gv2: 

a. FVS318Gv2 - its LAN-to-WAN Throughput is 250Mbps

b. FVS318N - its LAN-to-WAN Throughput is 250Mbps

c. FVS336Gv3 - its LAN-to-WAN Throughput is 350Mbps

Kindly check their respective specifications on the data sheet here

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 7
don_daniel
Tutor

thanks 

what about the srx5308... should have 924mbps... is this per wan or all 4 wan's together that bring up to that speed?

same vor the fvs336gv3.... 350 it says, but this is both wan together or each wan single?

Message 3 of 7
don_daniel
Tutor

to add: 

to my question applies the assumption: if only one WAN is turned on and the others are not used!

Message 4 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi don_daniel,

Yes, you're right!  I should have included the SRX5308 since it has a LAN-to-WAN Throughput of 924Mbps.  

As far as I know about LAN-to-WAN throughput, it should not divide the throughput per port.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi don_daniel,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information I’ve provided has helped resolve your concern or if you need further assistance.  If ever your concern has been resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 7
don_daniel
Tutor

was solved for me.. thanks

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies