× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Insight support and subscription

Theolodian
Tutor

Insight support and subscription

Is there some double-secret probation for Insight subscribers? You have to choose a model to get support, and be within the first 90 days, but Insight covers several models and has an ongoing subscription. I couldn't get ANY models running with the Insight app/cloud (WiFi, 10-port and 28-port) even with good support from Netgear, so I cancelled my subscription. Then they billed me the next month ANYWAY, and now I can't get on chat with anyone to sort it out. This is ridiculous.

Oh and I can't see the boxes at the top of this form to fill in subject etc. because there is a purple banner across all of it that I can't get rid of.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Theolodian
Tutor

Re: Insight support and subscription

To answer my initial question, there is a forum for the Insight App and I have received responses over there for this issue.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

@Theolodianwrote:

I couldn't get ANY models running with the Insight app/cloud (WiFi, 10-port and 28-port) even with good support from Netgear, so I cancelled my subscription.

Would be nice to figure out what does prohibit the registration of your Insight Switches and Access Points. If these units are allowed to access the Internet it is commonly very smooth - devices should be able to register and manageable from the Insight App and the Insight  Web portal.

@Theolodian wrote:

Is there some double-secret probation for Insight subscribers? You have to choose a model to get support, and be within the first 90 days, but Insight covers several models and has an ongoing subscription. ..., so I cancelled my subscription. Then they billed me the next month ANYWAY, and now I can't get on chat with anyone to sort it out. This is ridiculous.

What Netgear does name "chat support" (by email in my understanding) should remain available. But then - for the time of the valid Insight Premium subscription Netgear should consider adding an allowance for Insight related phone support. Some flaws are known - the ability to switch the subscription (regardless of still running or expired) for Basic <-> Premium, the inability to adjust the number of subscribed devices. I've sent a pointer to Netgear so somebody should pick up from here.

@Theolodian wrote:

Oh and I can't see the boxes at the top of this form to fill in subject etc. because there is a purple banner across all of it that I can't get rid of.

Hm, Web browser and/or Internet connectivity/Web Proxy/Internet "Security" environment or product issue? I've seen briefly such a line under some special conditions only.

Message 2 of 5
Theolodian
Tutor

Cloud registration and management is fine on a simple network. Couldn't get IP/VLAN/STP sorted out on a complex network without using the local GUI. Then can't convert back to cloud because changes settings. I wanted to use Insight to manage edge switches with a L3 core but there are no useful instructions on how to set this up without losing the cloud link along the way, and no instructions on how to recover the switch after it loses its cloud link. So that plan is out the window and the switch came very close to following it.

I prefer online chat. However, the main problem is that you have to pick one of your devices first before you get any support contact info. No direct access to support for Insight - it isn't a Netgear product as far as the support system is concerned.

When I first registered as a forum user it had this purple banner congratulating me, but I couldn't see the boxes at the top of the form.

Message 3 of 5
Theolodian
Tutor

To answer my initial question, there is a forum for the Insight App and I have received responses over there for this issue.

Message 4 of 5
BretD
Admin

Questions about the Insight Management App and Insight web Portal should be directed to the Insight Management App Forum.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements