× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear GS105E Setup Cinfiguration

Hawkeye-22
Follower

Netgear GS105E Setup Cinfiguration

Hi

Just purchased a Netgear GS105E gigabit ethernet switch looking for some guidance on setup configuration.

So my ISP router is connected to the ONT - ethernet cable running from the LAN port of ISP router to upstairs
where it's connected to the switch (PORT 1)

PORT 2 = Video Games Console
PORT 3 = Empty
PORT 4 = Router 2 (giving out Wifi access)
PORT 5 = Router 3 (giving out Wifi access)

ISP router and router 2 & 3 all have different static LAN IP - router 2 & 3 are connected from switch to their WAN port.

As of now i'm getting zero connection from router 2 & 3. (This is why i need help to setup VLANs - i may have configured them wrong)

What i want is to setup VLANs to keep routers 2 & 3 isolated. I also want to place the Video Games Console in VLAN -

Does the afforementioned have to be trunked through PORT 1 ?  or can i have the Games Console set as Untagged but still
on VLAN ?

I'm a total novice with network switches so if anyone here can walk me through the above setup that would be great.

Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: Netgear GS105E Setup Cinfiguration

not sure what you intend to achieve with this difficult to manage and cluttered networks.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements