× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Temperature Alerts GS752TPP

NerpyDerp
Aspirant

Temperature Alerts GS752TPP

Is it possible to create custom alerts (or alerts at all) for switch temperatures?

Specifically, GS752TPP on firmware 6.0.10.14.

We have multiple managers and would like to send alerts to the distro and the site manager.

Message 1 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Temperature Alerts GS752TPP

@NerpyDerp,

It seems there is no option to create custom alerts for switch temperatures.  You may want to post this as feature request on the Idea Exchange for Business board here.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
NerpyDerp
Aspirant

Sadly, it seems the Feature Request doesn't do any good as there are multiple requests since 2020. 

Looks like I shouldn't hold my breath for this relatively simple request. 😐

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Simple request? Depends ...

To me as an old network crow: Yes, operate an snmp management system end encourage Netgear to continue the support of the NETGEAR-BOXSERVICES-PRIVATE-MIB (.1.3.6.1.4.1.4526.). This would be best fit into a network switch standards world. Before you ask: No, Network switches in general don't create and maintain send alerts or allow any kind of alert message notification or transport distribution lists. And no, email isn't a valid answer, too. 

Ok, you could also challenge Netgear for adding this data to the Netgear Insight system, so notifications could be generated.

insight notifications.PNG 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements