Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Notification Broken or Time Wrong

schumaku
Guru

Notification Broken or Time Wrong

Either is the Notification feature broken or it has stopped - or the times shown are simply wrong (poor or broken abstraction model, poor time zone handling - didn't we had this before @skazi?).

The last activity on your new configured demo and reference environment was some 16 hours ago (see time line), however the notifications claim it's more than one day.

Insight Pro - Notification broken or time wrong.PNG

And yes: We have refreshed the complete portal page as well as the Notifications widget.

Message 1 of 7
schumaku
Guru

Re: Notification Broken or Time Wrong

Just to compare - here are the AP Notifications with the correct time - so above, the math is borked:

Insight Pro - WAC client connection notifications.PNG

Message 2 of 7
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Hello,

Thanks for bringing this one up. This will need to be tested but should be something to bring up to engineering about in regards to the information displaying wrong.

Message 3 of 7
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Hello,

I was able to test this and the notifications on mine are showing the correct time for me. Can you verify if the location you have setup is set to the correct time zone? What is the current time zone you have it set to?

Message 4 of 7
schumaku
Guru

We have configured the Location for Switzerland. The time zone is automatically set to UTC+0100 CET - which is again, next bug - wrong. Switzerland does follow the European Daylight Saving Time, so it should be UTC+0200 CEST (between the Last Sunday in March at 01:00 UTC and the Last Sunday October at 01:00 UTC.

Insight Pro - Time Zone for Switzerland wrong - DST lost in space.PNG

This does not even qualify as a prototype. Back to the specs board, back to the skunkworks. @skazi @johngm

Message 5 of 7
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Hello,

Thanks for bringing this up, I can open up an issue with engineering on this one.

Message 6 of 7
schumaku
Guru

Thank you. Please provide timeline for a solution to be in place.

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements