× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Fiber handoff from ISP, i have a /29 with gateway and /26 for using how do i make switch do routing?

Quantuml
Follower

Fiber handoff from ISP, i have a /29 with gateway and /26 for using how do i make switch do routing?

Hello All i know this is basic but i just cannot get my head around it. I have a a fiber handoff from my isp. they gave me a /29 72.35.25.33 Gateway 72.35.25.34 as my useable IP .  Also i have a /26 66.185.100.1-62 to assign to my internet facing devices.

ussually i throw this info into my firewall set up routes and i am done. But i will have a few seperate users that will be putting in their own firwalls and i will be breaking up the /26 to the individuals. I want the switch to do this routing.

I should be able to set a default route to 72.35.25.33. but how do i assign an IP to the switch that they gave me? i assume i also need to assign the 72.35.25.34 address to the port that the fiber is plugged into and i need to assign the 66.185.100.1 to another port or is that just a route so i can allow multiple firewalls to use part of the 66.185.100.x subnet and assign the 66.185.100.1 as their gateway.

I hope that is not too confusing.

Model: GSM7352Sv2|ProSafe 48 ports managed L3 gigabit stackable switch
Message 1 of 2
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Fiber handoff from ISP, i have a /29 with gateway and /26 for using how do i make switch do r...

@Quantuml,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Found out that you already opened a support ticket with NETGEAR Support.  You may want to keep us posted about the progress of your support ticket.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements