× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: GC110 & GC110P - Cloud Server is Unreachable

ryanwgregg
Aspirant

GC110 & GC110P - Cloud Server is Unreachable

Here goes nothing for my first post:

Purchased these yesterday and they appeared to be the "latest & greatest" and fit a particular need for a client. I got the GC110 setup yesterday and it was connecting to the Cloud just fine. Fast forward to today and neither the GC110 or the GC110P will connect to the cloud. I have reset both at least 3 times and recreated networks and the issue persists. I finally got it to the point that I could see them locally in the Insight app but they are still not connecting to the Cloud. Please see attached photo for issue. I also attached logs from both.Screen Shot 2017-11-23 at 9.04.30 PM.png

Message 1 of 8
ryanwgregg
Aspirant

I did some additional troubleshooting this morning. I reset both switches back to facotry defaults. Once that was completed, I created a brand new account in the Insight App with a new email. Once that was completed, I then created a new network with the above referenced switches. 

The issue is still present. The log files appear to have the same lines of code and I get to the point where the CloudAgent is "Awaiting Cloud Sign-On". This has persisted for well over a day so I'm assuming that there is something within the Netgear Insight Cloud that is causing this issue.

Message 2 of 8
ryanwgregg
Aspirant

It appears that the Insight Cloud is now offline. I'm unable to sign in at all.

I chatted with Support this morning and they thought it was an issue with the Insight Cloud Server. In the middle of our chat, their chat server crashed. So it appears to be an issue on their side and not with the switches. Will update when I know more.

Message 3 of 8
bradleyv
NETGEAR Expert

To fully factory default the switches, you must go.into.your Insight network and remove them one by one. Otherwise, after you reset physically, the switch will still connect to the cloud, see that it's already been configured on an account/network, then re-download all of the cloud settings. This is part of the zero-touch provisioning. So, if you have a configuration issue with your Insight network, you will still have it.

Recommendation:
1) Go into the insight app, and remove each device from the inside network.
2) Go to www.netgear.com/support and download the latest firmware version for your switches.
3) log into the local web GUI for each switch by typing its IP address into a web browser, and use maintenance, upgrades, HTTP to update the firmware.
4) Then select image management, and click apply to copy the new firmware into both firmware locations within the switch.
5) Now press and hold the Reset button on each switch for 6-10 seconds. This will cause them to actually default to factory settings, using the newest and latest firmware.
6) Now Use the Insight app to discover and then add each switch to your new network. Understand that any settings you’ve made for that network will be applied to the switches once they join the network, reboot and download the cloud settings for that network from the Insight cloud.
Message 4 of 8
ryanwgregg
Aspirant

Please see original post. Both switches have been reset to factory defaults MULTIPLE times. This was done on the latest firmware.

Be aware that on initial boot, the switches look for the latest firmware and update accordingly before ever adding to the Insight app.
Message 5 of 8
ryanwgregg
Aspirant

So I went out and bought another GC110 just for the sake of troubleshooting. Same issue.

"Cloud Server is Unreachable."

This is just crazy. Is this what I can expect from devices that are going to require a per device license for Cloud Management?!?

See attached for overnight log from new GC110.

Message 6 of 8
ryanwgregg
Aspirant

I've had some progress this evening. I took out the primary switch in the network, a Netgear GSS108E. This was chosen given its form factor and small size. It also fits nicely in a Structured Cable cabinet. Once the GC110 took its place, I'm getting more CloudAgent activity in the log, however, it still results in the dreaded Cloud Server is unreachable after about 20 minutes of waiting.

Message 7 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@ryanwgregg,

If ever your concern is about Insight, just want to share that the Insight Cloud issue should have been resolved by now.  Refer to this forum thread here (the device mentioned in the forum thread is a WAC505 access point). 

Also, found out that you have already opened a chat case regarding your concern with NETGEAR Support.  You may kindly follow-up with them for further assistance.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements