× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS110TP Firmware update not working through SmartControlCenter

ITO
Aspirant
Aspirant

GS110TP Firmware update not working through SmartControlCenter

Hello,

SmartControlCenter 1.1.3.4
Netgear GS110TP

I'm trying to use SmartControlCenter to update the firmware on my GS110TP switches, but it always fails with "File transfer read / write error". I've tried restarting the switches first and maybe 10 different units, but they all fail. When I upgrade the firmware through the web page of the individual switch, it does work.
Most switches are firmware 5.4.2.11 or 5.4.2.25 and I'm trying to upgrade to 5.4.2.30

Help?

Thanks,
Michael

Message 1 of 6
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: GS110TP Firmware update not working through SmartControlCenter

Hi ITO,

Welcome to our community!

It seems that you pretty isolated the issue with different switches. Please try to downgrade the Smart Control Center to v1.3.3.3 and also try to use other PC to upload the firmware.

Regards,

Message 2 of 6
ITO
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JohnCarlo,

Thanks for respondng. I have tried it on 2 computers and in fact I started with an older version of SmartControl and updated to the latest when I encountered the problems as described.

@JohnC_V wrote:

Hi ITO,

Welcome to our community!

It seems that you pretty isolated the issue with different switches. Please try to downgrade the Smart Control Center to v1.3.3.3 and also try to use other PC to upload the firmware.

Regards,

Message 3 of 6
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@ITO,

I tried to replicate your case using the same device but I was able to downgrade and upgrade the firmware without any issues. May you be able to try disabling the firewall and antivirus before upgrading the firmware?

Regards,

Message 4 of 6
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@ITO,

I would like to have a follow up on this thread. Please let us know if everything is ok now or you still need further assistance.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 5 of 6
ITO
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JohnCarlo,

I tried disabling firewall and anti virus, but no improvement.

Thanks for looking into this. Any other suggestions?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements