× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS724TPv2 Disconnecting from network

RickyLW2024
Aspirant

GS724TPv2 Disconnecting from network

Hello, I am after some adivce with a family members network. I am not familar with NetGear switches and there GUI interface.

The current setup is Internet in to Main Switch Unify-USW Pro 24 PoE then a ethernet connection to 3 x GS724TPv2. These are then appearing as connected for a certain duration then seemed to disconnect completey and do not show as connected on the Unifi console.

I have manaually set it so that each port this connect to on the Unifi switch is 1GBs FDX so it is not auto negotiating. Also have updated, the NetGear swithes to the latest firmware.

I am only assitsing in this and was not the one that has cabled it in or tested the patch between the two switches. Is there anything config wise that i may be missing or can someone point me to where i should be checking to see for issues in logs etc.

Any help is apreciated.

Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: GS724TPv2 Disconnecting from network

Look into the Spanning Tree config on other device, the USW Pro 24 PoE as well as on all GS724TPv2.

Logs are always informative, at least as long as you can establish some connection to the devices. Industry common is to bring up a syslog server on the network, and collect all the syslog output from all devices.

Message 2 of 3
RickyLW2024
Aspirant

Re: GS724TPv2 Disconnecting from network

Thanks for this, have since been to site and found out its L2 Loop Protection disabling the ports. Have since checked over and elimated a few issues that might be causing this. Apreciate the advice!

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements